What Shade Of Green To Go With Royal Blue Flowers?

Decorating By cherrycakes Updated 5 May 2010 , 11:28pm by Chippi

cherrycakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:07am
post #1 of 10

I made royal blue roses (not my idea!!) for a wedding cake and I'm wondering what shade of green leaves would be the best to go with the flowers? I've held the roses up to many different shades and I just can't seem to find the right one. I've also noticed that a lot of cakes here don't have leaves at all with blue flowers - would this be the way to go? Thanks for any suggestions!!

9 replies
cherrycakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:18am
post #3 of 10

Now why didn't I think of that??? Thanks so much! I got some great ideas!

jammjenks Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:04pm
post #4 of 10

Glad I could help. Sometimes when you've looked and thought about something so long, you just need another set of eyes. icon_wink.gif

KHalstead Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:17pm
post #5 of 10

a trick I learned is to add a little bit of the flower color into your green bc for your leaves, just a tsp or so into a cup of the green icing.........it won't come across as blue, pink, red, etc. but it will add that "hue" into your green icing making it more complimentary with your flowers.

It's an odd thing, but it really works, it mutes the green into a tone that goes with the flower color!

cherrycakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:31pm
post #6 of 10

Extra eyes are always a good idea! The iinspiration I have is actually from a bouquet of flowers that were on Google. I would love to add the Kiwi poms but that would be my taste and not the brides so I better stick to her plan icon_sad.gif
LL
LL

cherrycakes Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:36pm
post #7 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

a trick I learned is to add a little bit of the flower color into your green bc for your leaves, just a tsp or so into a cup of the green icing.........it won't come across as blue, pink, red, etc. but it will add that "hue" into your green icing making it more complimentary with your flowers.

It's an odd thing, but it really works, it mutes the green into a tone that goes with the flower color!

Thanks for this tip!! I'll definitely try that!

KHalstead Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:54pm
post #8 of 10

wow, those roses are soooooooooooooooooooooooooo pretty!!!!! Never knew you could make them that color, just beautiful

Elcee Posted 5 May 2010 , 11:20pm
post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

That is one of the best tips I've seen...it's amazing how much I don't even know that I don't know icon_smile.gif . Thanks for posting it!

Chippi Posted 5 May 2010 , 11:28pm
post #10 of 10

Olives

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%