Minimizing Bubbles In Small Abc Batch ..??

Decorating By LuvLyrics Updated 7 May 2010 , 2:05am by LuvLyrics

LuvLyrics Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:18pm
post #1 of 4

Hi, I use the sugarshack buttercream method, to minimize bubbles in my buttercream, by making the whole 5 qts. The other day I had to use less ABC to cover a cake, I made the whole 5 qts of ABC and then the next day I put half the batch in the mixer and beat it again, thinking I would get rid of the bubbles ( it got some bubbles over nite )instead it created more bubbles.. now to my question... If I only need 1/2 the batch how do I keep it from getting bubbles if I had to beat it again? like for coloring etc..

Thanks
Anna

3 replies
JGMB Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:20pm
post #2 of 4

I always take a rubber scraper and push globs of frosting against the side of the bowl. Do this several times. It pops most of the bubbles. Then, when you start to remove the BC on a spatula to ice the cake or to put into a piping bag, make sure you scrape it against the side again on the way out of the bowl.

Mug-a-Bug Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:48pm
post #3 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

I always take a rubber scraper and push globs of frosting against the side of the bowl. Do this several times. It pops most of the bubbles. Then, when you start to remove the BC on a spatula to ice the cake or to put into a piping bag, make sure you scrape it against the side again on the way out of the bowl.

This never worked very well for me. I still had lots of bubbles. I would also like to know if there is a good way. I always make a new batch of BC for every cake and end up with lots of 'leftover parts'. icon_confused.gif

LuvLyrics Posted 7 May 2010 , 2:05am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMB

Thank you I will try that.. !!!

Mug-a-Bug... i have left overs too, most of the time I make the BC the same day I am going to frost the cake, but this time, i did it a day before and only needed half, If I am going to use all 5 qts it's no problem, b/c I just put it back in the mixer and bit the air out the paddle, but that doesn't work in small batches for me....

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%