Tiered Cakes And Servings

Decorating By carmijok Updated 5 May 2010 , 5:36pm by carmijok

carmijok Posted 4 May 2010 , 7:50pm
post #1 of 9

I want to do a small 3 tier cake for a wedding shower that will feed 25-30 people. What size pans would be best for this? I hate figuring out servings and am always afraid of not having enough.
Help is appreciated!

8 replies
mamawrobin Posted 4 May 2010 , 7:56pm
post #2 of 9

Wilton has a great serving chart on their website. To feed that many and have a 3 tier you'll need something like 8/6/4.

leah_s Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:08pm
post #3 of 9

mama beat me to it! Yes the servings chart is on the Wilton.com website.

raquel1 Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 9

The Wilton chart is great, I laminated a copy of and refer to it for everything from cups of batter needed to number of servings.

mamawrobin Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:28pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by raquel1

The Wilton chart is great, I laminated a copy of and refer to it for everything from cups of batter needed to number of servings.

That's a great idea. Everyone should have one of those posted in their kitchen thumbs_up.gif

SHADDI Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:30pm
post #6 of 9

Someone from here on CC had came up with this cool tool that uses the Wilton serving chart and posted it here on CC for all to use she called it calculate cake:
I have it Bookmarked in my toolbar this is a life saver for me cause it does the calculating for you. and since you hate figuring it out this will help a lot.

http://shinymetalobjects.net/cake/calculator/cake_calculator.cgi

6" and a 8" is already 32 party serving size add a small 4" which is about 2 servings you'll have 34 serving.

hope this helps you.

Shaddi

leah_s Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:33pm
post #7 of 9

Except that you really should just throw that party serving chart away. Always use the wedding cake chart.

mamawrobin Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:33pm
post #8 of 9

Shaddi, I knew that those sizes would produce a few more servings than the op needed but it's pretty close and most people have those size pans thumbs_up.gif

carmijok Posted 5 May 2010 , 5:36pm
post #9 of 9

Thanks for all the replies. Think I'm going with the 8, 6 & 4. That's what I was leaning toward anyway, but it's good to get confirmation as well as the chart info.
I really appreciate it! thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%