Cake Decorating Classes In Pa

Decorating By Kima920 Updated 14 Apr 2011 , 3:56am by Cayke

Kima920 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kima920 Posted 4 May 2010 , 7:06pm
post #1 of 9

I want to learn how to make more intricate decoration and fondant figures for my cakes. I live in York, PA. Does anyone know of any decorating classes besides Wilton which I have already taken a while back. I am mostly self taught so there are some thing like animals and figures I really want to learn how to make.

8 replies
Kima920 Posted 4 May 2010 , 9:22pm
post #2 of 9

Any one from PA out there???

ctirella Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ctirella Posted 4 May 2010 , 9:30pm
post #3 of 9

eat stroudsburg,i like to know tooicon_smile.gif

Kima920 Posted 4 May 2010 , 9:37pm
post #4 of 9

I'm in York and the only classes I know of is a bakery in Lancaster but those classes start at $600 and go up from there. I think that's alot for a class.

tastyart Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tastyart Posted 4 May 2010 , 9:53pm
post #5 of 9

Are you talking about figures out of fondant or carved animal cakes?

LisaR64 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LisaR64 Posted 4 May 2010 , 9:54pm
post #6 of 9

I'm certainly no expert, but I learned most of what I know by watching polymer clay tutorials on You Tube and getting clay sculpting books from the library.

Kima920 Posted 4 May 2010 , 9:57pm
post #7 of 9

Well both.. because I don't do carved animals because I don't know and the same with fondant figures.. unfortunately everything isn't on youtube.. i was looking how to make a tiger and couldn't find one.

icingimages Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
icingimages Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:24am
post #8 of 9

The best of the best is in Lancaster. Julie Bashore at School of Confectionary Arts. Worth every penny and more. Her resume is endless, she is known world wide, trained world wide, owned her own bakery, competed and won many, many competitions, most rececently on TLC. I would highly recommend her as she loves to teach and does not hold any of her secrets back. You are very lucky to be so close to her!

Cayke Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cayke Posted 14 Apr 2011 , 3:56am
post #9 of 9

I went through the same dilemma and have spent a lot of money traveling to classes. I just had classes with Colette peters and I'm of to nicholas lodge soon and looking forward to Julie bash ore soon.
I am hoping to start my own school in Allentown this summer if your still interested you can pm me for details. I will be having classes in handbag,shoes,pillows,shopping bags and much more.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%