Pricing Question For School Bake Sale

Decorating By 4Gifts4Lisa Updated 4 May 2010 , 6:17pm by cakesbycathy

4Gifts4Lisa Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
4Gifts4Lisa Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:48pm
post #1 of 2

I know, I know...never underprice, but my daughter's school does an open house that is like a farmer's market. We make breads and butters and stuff from the garden that the kids have tended to all year. The herb bread baked in clay pots generally goes for about $6-10.

This year I am making Lavender Cupcakes (they were a hit last year) and packaging them in individual cupcake boxes...also in a box of 4. I am also doing Rosemary Shortbread Cookies and packaging them singly and by the half dozen. They are approx 2-3 inch cookies.

So I need bake sale pricing, also keeping in mind that the event is Friday, and Mother's Day is Sunday, so people will be looking for gifts. I am going to package it all up right purty, to help with that! icon_smile.gif

Also bears mentioning that this is NOT business related...no one will know where it is coming from, so no need to worry about setting a precedent.

1 reply
cakesbycathy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbycathy Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:17pm
post #2 of 2

It's a bake sale which means people expect cheap. Don't price it like you would for a "regular order." I would say at least 1/2 of what you would normally price it for.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%