Decorating Classes

Decorating By Braaatz Updated 5 May 2010 , 12:21am by cakemom42

Braaatz Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 6

I am currently taking Wilton decorating classes at a Micheal's store in VA. I've done course 1 and now taking course 3. I really like my instructor but i feel like so much is crammed into a 2 hour class that only lasts 4 Sundays. Also they only teach 4 courses and i feel like theres still so much to learn, I would love to continue with as much education in baking and decorating as i possibly can. Does anyone know of any classes or schooling in VA or NC that i can take? How do i keep going with it?

5 replies
dchockeyguy Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 6

Virginia is a big state. Which part are you in?

Braaatz Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 6

Oh, i am sorry. I live in Gates County NC...about 10mins away from Suffolk and 30 mins away from Chesapeake. Wouldn't mind traveling an hour away from home.

cakemom42 Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 6

ICES has several very active groups in VA & you can find classes almost anywhere in the state. Since you are asking for VA/NC area I assume you might be in VA Beach area.. check out the Tidewater Decorators Cake Club (www.cake-decorators.com), they are having Toba Garette come in July for 4 days of classes :0)
Also the VA ICES is having their next DOS in June on the 26th & 27th in Roanoke.. Lots of classes there too :0)
We are here on the Peninsula also have a cake meeting every month too.

dchockeyguy Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 6

LOL you must live near where my ancestral farm is. It's 10 miles from the NC border in Suffolk!

I think the groups in VA Beach would be best for you, and I know that cakemom42 can steer you in the right direction ('cause she rocks!)

cakemom42 Posted 5 May 2010 , 12:21am
post #6 of 6

Cake Guy you are too kind!!
Lov you back :0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%