Decorating Classes

Decorating By Braaatz Updated 5 May 2010 , 12:21am by cakemom42

Braaatz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Braaatz Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:39pm
post #1 of 6

I am currently taking Wilton decorating classes at a Micheal's store in VA. I've done course 1 and now taking course 3. I really like my instructor but i feel like so much is crammed into a 2 hour class that only lasts 4 Sundays. Also they only teach 4 courses and i feel like theres still so much to learn, I would love to continue with as much education in baking and decorating as i possibly can. Does anyone know of any classes or schooling in VA or NC that i can take? How do i keep going with it?

5 replies
 dchockeyguy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:06pm
post #2 of 6

Virginia is a big state. Which part are you in?

Braaatz  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Braaatz Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:16pm
post #3 of 6

Oh, i am sorry. I live in Gates County NC...about 10mins away from Suffolk and 30 mins away from Chesapeake. Wouldn't mind traveling an hour away from home.

cakemom42  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:24pm
post #4 of 6

ICES has several very active groups in VA & you can find classes almost anywhere in the state. Since you are asking for VA/NC area I assume you might be in VA Beach area.. check out the Tidewater Decorators Cake Club (www.cake-decorators.com), they are having Toba Garette come in July for 4 days of classes :0)
Also the VA ICES is having their next DOS in June on the 26th & 27th in Roanoke.. Lots of classes there too :0)
We are here on the Peninsula also have a cake meeting every month too.

dchockeyguy  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dchockeyguy Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:35pm
post #5 of 6

LOL you must live near where my ancestral farm is. It's 10 miles from the NC border in Suffolk!

I think the groups in VA Beach would be best for you, and I know that cakemom42 can steer you in the right direction ('cause she rocks!)

cakemom42  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 5 May 2010 , 12:21am
post #6 of 6

Cake Guy you are too kind!!
Lov you back :0)

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%