Cupcake Baking Questions

Baking By auntmandys Updated 5 May 2010 , 3:15am by Rose_N_Crantz

auntmandys Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
auntmandys Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:14pm
post #1 of 7

Ok, I was wondering the easiest and best way to fill the cupcake liners even and the fastest way. Also, I was wondering what you do to make the liner less oily? And do you add the extra egg and pudding mix to your cake mix as well for cupcakes? Thanks. icon_smile.gif

6 replies
CookieMakinMomma Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieMakinMomma Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:26pm
post #2 of 7

Ok I might have an answer for some of your questions so here goes..

-I love using a cheap ice cream scoop (ones with the release lever thingie, about 2oz in size) to fill my pans. I fill the scoop from the bowl, scrape the excess from the bottom/sides with a spatula and dish away. For thicker batters this is an almost mess-free process. Thinner batters are harder to manage but it still isn't very messy. Also your cupcakes are guaranteed to be uniform in size.

-Oiliness in the liner is directly related to oiliness in your recipe. A certain degree of oiliness, in my experience, is inevitable but if you are having a big problem with it then you may need to adjust your recipe a bit. Another option is to use the foil-lined baking cups.

-Don't know about the box mix adjustments, sorry. There are plenty of people on here who could help you with that though.
Hope this helps! icon_biggrin.gif

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:30pm
post #3 of 7

I use a pancake batter dispenser. It's only good for "runny" mix (like typical box cake mix). Any thicker and it won't go down the hole. To me, it's fast and easy.

http://cakeoricandothat.blogspot.com/2010/03/handy-gourmet-batter-dispenser-review.html

auntmandys Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:37pm
post #4 of 7

Thanks for the help.

metria --Love the dispenser idea? Where did you get it? How much does one of those run? Thanks!

metria Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
metria Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:52pm
post #5 of 7
auntmandys Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:07am
post #6 of 7

I so need to order one. Does anyone know about the pudding and extra egg in the mix on cupcakes?

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:15am
post #7 of 7

You can also double up on your wrappers. On GSA, you can buy those really cool laser cut cupcake cups to display cupcakes in and in the description there's a really cute line about doubling up on the baking wrappers so the holders don't get oily spots.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%