Cupcakes Baked In Ice Cream Cones????

Baking By tiggerjo Updated 4 May 2010 , 11:32pm by njoycakes

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:58pm
post #1 of 8

Can this actually be done? If so, how do you get the cones to stand for baking, how far do you fill them, approximate time and temp. Can't seem to find my answers on here. TIA

7 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:04pm
post #2 of 8

I stand mine in a cupcake tin to bake at 325 for same amount of time 12-15 min.

Mme_K Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mme_K Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:04pm
post #3 of 8

Yes, it can be done. I stand the cones up in a cupcake tin. Fill them to about 2/3 full at the most. I baked them @ 325. I don't remember the time, but I seem to recall I started checking them after about 12 min.
HTH. thumbs_up.gif

chelseak Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
heycake Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:05pm
post #5 of 8

Yes, it can be done. I just stood my ice cream cones up in the cupcake pan and poured the batter in about half way full. Baked at same temp as normal, 325 degrees until they looked done.

PinkZiab Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PinkZiab Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:12pm
post #6 of 8

Best invention EVER! lol My mother made these every year to send into school when I was a kid--I love them (especially chocolate).

jenng1482 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jenng1482 Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:27pm
post #7 of 8

Here is another thread from a few weeks ago:

http://cakecentral.com/cake-decorating-ftopicp-6790309-.html#6790309

njoycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
njoycakes Posted 4 May 2010 , 11:32pm
post #8 of 8

Totally can be done and the cones don't burn in the oven at all. You just have to find some flat bottomed cones, my local supermarket only had the pointy kind. Fill them to between half way and 2/3 full. I let mine free stand on a baking tray in the oven and then baked at 180 C (sorry I'm in Scotland that's how we measure it) for 15 mins.

Your other option is to bake some fairy cakes in a fairy cake tin, once their cooled, take the paper wrapper off and press the fairy cake into the ice cream cone.

BTW fairy cake is the UK equivalent of cupcake, I think, although I think our paper wrappers are slightly shorter (we have baking cakes and muffin cases, not the same size).
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%