Make Impresions Stand Out On Black Fondant

Decorating By Byron Updated 4 May 2010 , 1:42pm by dsilvest

Byron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Byron Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:21pm
post #1 of 3

I am making a aligator leather purse for a vegan friends birthday, as its the closest she is going to get to one! icon_lol.gif

My friend only wears black, so obviously the cake is black. I have ordered an impression mat for the pattern.

I have looked on any image and directions I can find, and it apears that once the impresion is made, a suitable darker dust powder is brushed into the imression to make the pattern stand out and give depth. Great, icon_biggrin.gif only problem is, how do I get a darker colour than black to brush into the impression. icon_confused.gif

If anyone has an idea I would love to hear it. By the way I don't have an air gun.

Thanks.

2 replies
all4cake Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
all4cake Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:39pm
post #2 of 3

for an alligator purse in black, I would suggest steaming it and that's it...the steam should rest on the raised areas first, leaving the indented areas less shiney...adding contrast by way of matte against shiney.

dsilvest Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dsilvest Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:42pm
post #3 of 3

On a piece of scrap fondant, experiment with different dusting powders. I recently put some copper over a really dark brown embossed fondant. Try dark colours as well as lighter ones if you have them. Metallics or pearl dust can be interesting.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%