Sorry...another Pricing Question. Need Help, Thanks!!

Decorating By Mama_Mias_Cakes Updated 4 May 2010 , 3:10pm by debster

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 4 May 2010 , 11:34am
post #1 of 4

I have been asked to make a purse, shoebox, gumpaste high heel shoe on the shoebox, and girly accessories. They want the cake to feed 15-20 people. I have seen this cake, but have never did a sculpted cake. For those that have done this type of cake, what did you charge? I charge 3.50 per serving for cakes w/fondant, etc. which is avg price in my area. I just need some help, because I don't want to over charge either. This client is a regular client that orders at least 2 cake per month from me.

Thanks

3 replies
debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 4 May 2010 , 11:53am
post #2 of 4

If your charging 3.50 per serving that should cover it. I was thinking like 150.00 What area are you in Ohio? I'm 20 min west of Cleveland and can't get past 2.50 for wedding cake here. Everyone is outa work!!!!!

Mama_Mias_Cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:39pm
post #3 of 4

Thanks! I live just outside of Dayton. I was doing 2.50, but found that to be too cheap compared to some bakeries I came across. It felt like I was doing a lot of work for hardly any money, so I raised it up a dollar. I have had a couple of orders at this price and it seemed fair. This is for fondant and gumpaste, etc. The economy is not great here either. We lost our GM plant (they even made a oscar nominated documentary about this) and Wilmington's DHL closing is near here. It's tough. My DH was out of work for over a year. He's back at work now, but it seems like everyone we know has had a job loss.

debster Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
debster Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:10pm
post #4 of 4

Yes I would charge that for fondant but not a soul here wants fondant. My husband hasn't worked for almost 2years thanks to the steel mill. That's why I started baking out of my home. Take care and get what you can!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%