How Many Of You Has This Happened To?

Decorating By CourtneyLS99 Updated 4 May 2010 , 8:54am by Lyndseyb52

CourtneyLS99 Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:03am
post #1 of 2

This is kind of a success/disaster story.
This past weekend was the Relay for Life event in my town. Our group was "The Herd" in memory of Alex and Cathi. I made over 300 cupcakes, about 75 cake pops, and a large display cake. We raised a ridiculous amount of money and we won "best campsite"! Everything went amazing!!!
Well....except for one thing....
Not long after the event started, a kid came over to the table where the display cake I made was. They were just looking at it...then all of a sudden, they lifted up their hand and BAM!! They smashed my poor little cow with the horns to pieces!! I specifically made one boy and one girl and put them in the very front. And I can't believe the kid smashed it!! I didn't know what to do. I stood there with my eyes wide open, my jaw dropped, and I was completely in shock. I wanted to go over and strangle the kid and/or the parent!

1 reply
Lyndseyb52 Posted 4 May 2010 , 8:54am
post #2 of 2

Oh I'd have been gutted !! Blame the parents, what kind of child would do something like that grr. Well done for raising so much money, such a shame you suffered along the way icon_sad.gif

Touch wood, I've never had a cake damaged like that....I remember making a christening cake and delivering it to the venue an hour early when I knew the caterer would be there. But there were kids messing around in the room, crawling under the buffet table with long table cloths on. I was so scared of my cake being knocked I sat there for ages in the cold guarding my cake. I know it was their cake by then but I would have been so upset had it been damaged.

Lyndsey xx

Quote by @%username% on %date%