I Need Help Asap!!!!!!!!!!!!

Decorating By madgeowens Updated 19 May 2010 , 5:15am by madgeowens

madgeowens Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
madgeowens Posted 4 May 2010 , 6:16am
post #1 of 16

My grandson is turning 13 and I am at a loss as to what to make him for a cake. He keeps changing his mind. He goes from a bike, to star wars to topsy turvy with flames and xbox. I need some ideas of a awesome cake for a new teenager.........any photos of cakes you have done for a boy of thirteen will be appreciated............he just wants an awesome cake!!! tia

15 replies
Lyndseyb52 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lyndseyb52 Posted 4 May 2010 , 9:02am
post #2 of 16

Hi Madge

I've made a cake for a 13 year old boy, they too were stuck for ideas...it went from a favourite football team, a car . In the end we went with the theme of his party, they were having an ice skating party so I made an ice skater that had fallen over with his legs in the air.

Another teenage boy was really into mini skateboards and that was his birthday present so I made a mini skate park with gumpaste ramps and skate boards, decorated with spray colours like grafitti.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll come up with something icon_smile.gif

Lyndsey xx

madgeowens Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:06pm
post #3 of 16

They were great ideas, but I still have no clue what to do, I was hoping I would have a bunch of great ideas on here...........oh well. thank you for your ideas

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:16pm
post #4 of 16

how about a topsy turvy with a star wars figure riding a bike for the topper.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:22pm
post #5 of 16

Madge I can't offer any help but I just want to say that I would rather do 10 girly cakes than 1 boy cake. icon_lol.gif Well for bigger boys anyway. I find it very difficult to come up with something for the 13+ age for males. Is it just me? icon_razz.gif

Kitagrl Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kitagrl Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:28pm
post #6 of 16

I would ask him to pick a theme. icon_smile.gif Is he decorating for the party?

madgeowens Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:33am
post #7 of 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

Madge I can't offer any help but I just want to say that I would rather do 10 girly cakes than 1 boy cake. icon_lol.gif Well for bigger boys anyway. I find it very difficult to come up with something for the 13+ age for males. Is it just me? icon_razz.gif

Boy I hear that....I feel the same way lol........he changes what he wants every day....now its Olympian Gods icon_confused.gif or Avatar icon_eek.gif I am really going crazy here lol

oceanslayer Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
oceanslayer Posted 5 May 2010 , 1:48am
post #8 of 16

Lyndseyb52: Did you post a pic of your skateboard cake? There aren't very many good skateboard cakes out there (believe me, I've searched). My husband wants me to make a cake for his boss who used to own a skateboard company. I would love to see what you came up with if you have any pictures.

madgeowens Posted 5 May 2010 , 2:58am
post #9 of 16

OMG he just changed it to a Jungle Theme.................I hope thats the final choice now......he liked the shower cake I just did, which was really cool.........only he does not want the animals to have rattles and pacifiers lol....and the animals should look ferocious ugh....how to do that???

madgeowens Posted 5 May 2010 , 3:54am
post #10 of 16

OMG he is already waivering on jungle cake......I give up. This is a tough one

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:02am
post #11 of 16

okay... give him all that he wants... I dont know if you are a star wars fan like I am.. so i will go into some detail.. please dont be offended.. icon_biggrin.gif

star wars 3.. return of the jedi.. they are in the jungle...

have figures riding the speeders (kinda like motocycles only cooler!!) that the storm troopers are riding through the jungle..

make the ewoks, (bear like creatures) and put them all around the cake. make some trees.. maybe even their tree houses.

that way he kinda gets all the ideas into one. HTH.

If you dont make him this cake.. umm.. you can make it for me !!! icon_biggrin.gif Except I would have to have darth vader on my cake somewhere !!! icon_lol.gif

madgeowens Posted 5 May 2010 , 4:35am
post #12 of 16

tesso, I love this idea.........lately he has been star wars crazy.....I was thinking along those lines except I was going to incorporate too much.....I think this was an idea he even told me one day with the forrest and the vehicles, only I did not know what they all were...I think that is a good idea........thanks

madgeowens Posted 5 May 2010 , 5:01am
post #13 of 16

tesso do you know of a cake like that I can see?

tesso Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tesso Posted 5 May 2010 , 7:23pm
post #14 of 16

I'm sorry. I only have this vision in my head. I suggest getting the dvd and watching it, so you can get the full effect and details. once you see it, you will be psyched to do this cake.

you have to post a pic of this cake when done !!! icon_biggrin.gif

madgeowens Posted 6 May 2010 , 2:19am
post #15 of 16

OMG now he is talking Halo............ugh.........how can I do all these things rolled into one?

madgeowens Posted 19 May 2010 , 5:15am
post #16 of 16

this is what I made two sided cake haha
halo and star wars
http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1678842&sub=1678843

thanks for the idea tesso

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%