Circut Expression Vs Cake

Decorating By mom2twogrlz Updated 4 May 2010 , 5:58am by mom2twogrlz

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:34am
post #1 of 4

Hello All,

I apologize if this is a duplicate post, but I couldn't find it anywhere. My question is:

I would like to buy the circuit system, but I was wondering which model would be the best bang for my buck. I am a hobbiest cake decorator, but am getting pretty busy now. Does anyone know the difference between the expression and the cake models? Is it really worth the extra $100 to get the cake model, or does the expression do the same thing? How do they compare?

Thanks.

3 replies
glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:20am
post #2 of 4

Hi,

Go to this link http://www.cuttingedgecakeart.com.

Jennifer Atwood @ Cutting Edge Cake Art did a side by side comparison between both the expression and cake machines. I think you'll find the information very interesting.

Tracy7953 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tracy7953 Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:31am
post #3 of 4

I don't know if this will help much but I have the Expression and could not keep the blade from clogging up. I had some successes with it and gumpaste but not enough for me to say hooray! After reading the cuttingedge blog about the comparison between the two machines, I bought the Cake one too. This is the part where I am not much help...the Cake machine is calling me to practice for my cakes this weekend. I sure hope it works better than the Expression like the blog showed. I will know tomorrow! Wish me luck.

mom2twogrlz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mom2twogrlz Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:58am
post #4 of 4

Wow! Thanks guys. And good luck to you Tracy7953. I'd love to hear how it goes for you.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%