Making Chocolate Fondant?

Baking By Spectra Updated 15 May 2010 , 2:46pm by honeyscakes

Spectra Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:25pm
post #1 of 7

So I use the MMF posted on this site, but I need to make a dark brown batch, and figured it would taste good with chocolate, but do I use cocoa powder or melted chocolate and how much? If anyone knows that'd be great!

Thanks!

6 replies
mamawrobin Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:04pm
post #2 of 7

I prefer to use melted chocolate. I add 1 cup of melted semi-sweet chocolate to mine. I make Michele Foster's Fondant but I'm sure you can do the same with MMF. I also use melted chocolate to make chocolate buttercream. I just prefer it over cocoa powder.

honeyscakes Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:20pm
post #3 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamawrobin

I prefer to use melted chocolate. I add 1 cup of melted semi-sweet chocolate to mine. I make Michele Foster's Fondant but I'm sure you can do the same with MMF. I also use melted chocolate to make chocolate buttercream. I just prefer it over cocoa powder.

Hello Gorgeous gramma!
Do you mind directing me as to where I can find the recipe for Michele Foster's fondant? How does it hold up in humid weather?
Thanks so much!!!

Spectra Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:36pm
post #4 of 7

Thank you!! I will try that today!

mamawrobin Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:54pm
post #5 of 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyscakes

Quote:

Hello Gorgeous gramma!
Do you mind directing me as to where I can find the recipe for Michele Foster's fondant? How does it hold up in humid weather?
Thanks so much!!!

Hi sweetie! You can find her receipe in the "most saved" receipes here on cc. I use the one that calls for the 3 T of glycerine, butter and gelatin rather than the one that uses only 2 T of the three. I just like the results better.
Yes it does hold up very well in humid weather. Follow the receipe EXACTLY as it's written and be sure to strain the gelatin mixture like she says. The only time I had a problem with it was when I didn't do that icon_redface.gif It's the only fondant that I use. That stuff is awesome thumbs_up.gif AND I use regular milk or half and half rather than cream if I want white/white fondant thumbs_up.gif

honeyscakes Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:12am
post #6 of 7

Hi sweetie! You can find her receipe in the "most saved" receipes here on cc. I use the one that calls for the 3 T of glycerine, butter and gelatin rather than the one that uses only 2 T of the three. I just like the results better.
Yes it does hold up very well in humid weather. Follow the receipe EXACTLY as it's written and be sure to strain the gelatin mixture like she says. The only time I had a problem with it was when I didn't do that icon_redface.gif It's the only fondant that I use. That stuff is awesome thumbs_up.gif AND I use regular milk or half and half rather than cream if I want white/white fondant thumbs_up.gif[/quote]
THANK YOU DOLL!!! You are awesome.
I plan on making this very soon.I will let you know how mine turned out icon_smile.gif
can't wait.
- H

honeyscakes Posted 15 May 2010 , 2:46pm
post #7 of 7

[quote="mamawrobin"][quote="honeyscakes"]

Quote:

Yes it does hold up very well in humid weather. Follow the receipe EXACTLY as it's written and be sure to strain the gelatin mixture like she says. The only time I had a problem with it was when I didn't do that icon_redface.gif It's the only fondant that I use. That stuff is awesome thumbs_up.gif AND I use regular milk or half and half rather than cream if I want white/white fondant thumbs_up.gif.

mamawrobin,
I made the chocolate version of that fondant....it looked ok and fine until I rolled it out and tried to out it on the cake icon_sad.gif it kept tearing...and ripping from places.
Seems like I am missing something that is NOT plyable and missing some stretch?
Please help!
- h

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%