Disco Dust Is My Friend!!!

Decorating By buttercuppie Updated 3 May 2010 , 9:34pm by buttercuppie

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 3 May 2010 , 9:02pm
post #1 of 4

Was working on a cake topper this weekend when the entire thing just fell apart...combination of being too heavy and probably the extract being soaked up too much.

Anyways, had to make a quick topper on the fly so I just tempered some chocolate and cut the letter out...awesome, good to go until I tried to paint it and it just looked terrible. I had about an hour to get to the restaurant and I knew I had the disco dust but was a bit reluctant to use it...but I had no other choice...I used it and TADA...it came out fantastic!!! My client emailed me this morning saying how much he and his family loved the cake (and of course they said it tasted amazing...lol).

Thank God I ordered that disco dust for another cake but it never was made...I had it sitting around for 2 years and never had an opportunity to use it...I guess God had it waiting around for this weekend!!! icon_biggrin.gif

3 replies
cricket0616 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cricket0616 Posted 3 May 2010 , 9:20pm
post #2 of 4

What is disco dust? Is it the same as luster dust? Hope I don't sound stupid here, but I just started seeing disco dust show up in some of the forums.

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 3 May 2010 , 9:26pm
post #3 of 4

It's a heavier and more glittery dust that the regular luster dusts.

buttercuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
buttercuppie Posted 3 May 2010 , 9:34pm
post #4 of 4

you beat me to the punch Eisskween Disco Dust is really a finer version of glitter...similar effect. It's Non-Toxic...but I've heard yea and nay for using it directly on cakes...

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%