Attach A Removable Plaque To A Cake ??

Decorating By strathmore Updated 4 May 2010 , 12:47am by strathmore

strathmore Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

Contradictory question I know icon_confused.gif Have a cake due where I have painted a plaque and need to attach it to the cake so it can be transported to client then client to home so birthday person can detatch it and keep as a momento. I would hate for it to fall off during transport but needs to be easy to remove and not destroy the cake. thanks

3 replies
cakebaker1957 Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:44pm
post #2 of 4

Is the cake fondant covered or Buttercream ? If its fondant is the plaque laying down or standing up? If its BC you can just squeeze a small amount of icing on the backside of the plaque and place it on the cake, if its fondant im not to sure about that, Maybe use some water on the cake and place the plaque onto it icon_wink.gif Sorry HTH

cakes47 Posted 3 May 2010 , 8:55pm
post #3 of 4

On a fondant covered cake, I've put a dot of icing on the bottom of mini marshmallows and
then just laid the plaque on them. You can have it even or at a tilt depending on how you
want to place the marshmallows. With BC, I've just put the marshmallows on it and then
placed the plaque. As for transporting it, I put them in a small box to protect them and
added them at the destination and the recipient could put them back in the box to take it
home. icon_smile.gif

strathmore Posted 4 May 2010 , 12:47am
post #4 of 4

Thanks. Sorry its a round fondant cake - will probably do it in white with a ribbon on the bottom. The plaque will have little carrots horseshoes and apples stuck around the edge. Its in my photos - I have not worked out how to reduce the size of the pics to put in my post.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%