Cupcake Bouqets - How To Get The Cupcakes To Stay On??

Baking By AngelasSugarShack Updated 4 May 2010 , 12:44am by cakesrock

AngelasSugarShack Posted 3 May 2010 , 6:53pm
post #1 of 4

I've made several cupcake bouquets now, and each of them have had problems with the cupcakes falling. I switched from using dowels to using popsicle sticks and I am still having issues. The cupcakes that are stuck on straight tend to slide down the sticks after an hour or so, and the cupcakes that are at an angle will just simply break in half and fall off.
Any suggestions on how to keep them on and upright??
Thank you!!!!

3 replies
IDOCAKES2 Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:02pm
post #2 of 4

Angela

I had the same problem, and here is what I did. I supported the bottom cupckes with toothpicks. 2 under each one, and used royal icing to attach them. Both worked and I transported the cupcakes 30 miles with no problem. However, my DH did construct a special styro stand to hold them. HTH

Elaine

jenng1482 Posted 3 May 2010 , 7:19pm
post #3 of 4
cakesrock Posted 4 May 2010 , 12:44am
post #4 of 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenng1482

Please see this thread for tons of very veluable information:

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=672414&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=0

Yes, try Khalsteads technique - it works great! I just made one. I did not use a glue gun - double sided tape worked better with the vase I used. Oh, and the vase has to be a good fit for 7 cupcakes (diameter of 23 inches is what I used). Good luck!
LL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%