Strawberry Cake

Baking By Mom_Of_4 Updated 4 May 2010 , 5:11am by Bannette

Mom_Of_4 Posted 3 May 2010 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 7

Hi there I am looking for a good strawberry cake recipe. I would prefer to make it from scratch but I will try just about anything once! I have looked many places for recipes, but they are all different so I am not sure which ones would be the best. Thanks in advance!

6 replies
CookieD-oh Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 7
dalis4joe Posted 3 May 2010 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 7

I just made a strawberry WASC on Saturday for the first time (I always bake from scratch but wanted to see what all the commotion was about the WASC) well.... I (WE) loved it.... the cake cameout super delicious... moist.... no sticky top... great consistency.... and like I said... tastes incredible... I will make it again for sure... this was not for a client... I need to taste what I offer before hand... but I truly loved it....

Good Luck finding a recipe from scratch........ I have also seen a few... but with so many to choose from... which one do you use? it's hard to decide... I went with the WASC because here at cc there are a lot of cc'ers that WASC is their GO TO recipe... and I trust my people here...

Mom_Of_4 Posted 3 May 2010 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 7

I have seen the WASC recipe...did you just substitute a strawberry cake mix for the white cake mix?

J1977 Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:20am
post #5 of 7

I love Paula Deen's Strawberry cake recipe because it has a sutble strawberry flavor - not an overwhelming strawberry flavor like I've found with mixes that use gelatin. Not to mention it is a very moist cake. The color is very light as well so I like to add a few drops of pink coloring while mixing.

Hope this helps.

cakemom42 Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:52am
post #6 of 7

2 Things:

1.) Mixes: if using mix instead of water substitute Torani's strawberry flavoring. Works great!

2.) Scratch: Use your basic white cake recipe & instead of vanilla add the equivalent of Torani's Strawberry flavoring.
- or if you are using a sour cream pound cake recipe substitue part of the sour cream for Comstock's strawberry filling (not too much or it will be too heavy)..about 1/4 cup.

** if you chose to also put fresh strawberries in as well be sure to chop them fine, this will help them not to sink as much.

Bannette Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:11am
post #7 of 7

I use one found right here on CC. It is Summer's Strawberry Scratch or something like that. It doesn't use a cake mix. It uses cake flour (make sure not to use AP) and strawberry puree that you make out of frozen strawberries. I really like this recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%