Strawberry Cake

Baking By Mom_Of_4 Updated 4 May 2010 , 5:11am by Bannette

Mom_Of_4  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom_Of_4 Posted 3 May 2010 , 4:44pm
post #1 of 7

Hi there I am looking for a good strawberry cake recipe. I would prefer to make it from scratch but I will try just about anything once! I have looked many places for recipes, but they are all different so I am not sure which ones would be the best. Thanks in advance!

6 replies
 CookieD-oh  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:36pm
post #2 of 7
 dalis4joe  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 3 May 2010 , 6:03pm
post #3 of 7

I just made a strawberry WASC on Saturday for the first time (I always bake from scratch but wanted to see what all the commotion was about the WASC) well.... I (WE) loved it.... the cake cameout super delicious... moist.... no sticky top... great consistency.... and like I said... tastes incredible... I will make it again for sure... this was not for a client... I need to taste what I offer before hand... but I truly loved it....

Good Luck finding a recipe from scratch........ I have also seen a few... but with so many to choose from... which one do you use? it's hard to decide... I went with the WASC because here at cc there are a lot of cc'ers that WASC is their GO TO recipe... and I trust my people here...

icon_smile.gif

Mom_Of_4  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Mom_Of_4 Posted 3 May 2010 , 9:47pm
post #4 of 7

I have seen the WASC recipe...did you just substitute a strawberry cake mix for the white cake mix?

J1977  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
J1977 Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:20am
post #5 of 7

I love Paula Deen's Strawberry cake recipe because it has a sutble strawberry flavor - not an overwhelming strawberry flavor like I've found with mixes that use gelatin. Not to mention it is a very moist cake. The color is very light as well so I like to add a few drops of pink coloring while mixing.

Hope this helps.

cakemom42  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakemom42 Posted 4 May 2010 , 4:52am
post #6 of 7

2 Things:

1.) Mixes: if using mix instead of water substitute Torani's strawberry flavoring. Works great!

2.) Scratch: Use your basic white cake recipe & instead of vanilla add the equivalent of Torani's Strawberry flavoring.
- or if you are using a sour cream pound cake recipe substitue part of the sour cream for Comstock's strawberry filling (not too much or it will be too heavy)..about 1/4 cup.

** if you chose to also put fresh strawberries in as well be sure to chop them fine, this will help them not to sink as much.

Bannette  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Bannette Posted 4 May 2010 , 5:11am
post #7 of 7

I use one found right here on CC. It is Summer's Strawberry Scratch or something like that. It doesn't use a cake mix. It uses cake flour (make sure not to use AP) and strawberry puree that you make out of frozen strawberries. I really like this recipe.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%