Castle Cake

Decorating By 11carol Updated 3 May 2010 , 11:58pm by 11carol

11carol Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
11carol Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:30am
post #1 of 6

Hi,
I am planning on making a castle cake. I would appreciate any tips/advice/tutorials anyone has on them please. TO meke the turrets should I use half sugarpaste half petal paste or gumpaste? was thinking of wrapping up toilet roll holders letting dry and removing toilet roll holders???? for the tops was going to do the samew out of cardboard cone? would appreciate it if anyone has tips.`

Thanks
CArol

5 replies
minicuppie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
minicuppie Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:56am
post #2 of 6

I Googled "How to make a Castle Cake" and this is just one hit out of hundreds http://www.ehow.com/castle-cakes/ If that doesn't help try youtube.

Lcubed82 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lcubed82 Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:15pm
post #3 of 6

For the towers, I used the plastic containers that the Great Value water mix-ins come in from WM. Covered them with fondant/gumpaste. Then used ice cream cones for the turrets. I have seen some turrets covered in fondant circles to look like tiles, which I like better than what I did. Next time, with more time!

11carol Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:35pm
post #4 of 6

thanks for the help....

cakesrock Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesrock Posted 3 May 2010 , 10:40pm
post #5 of 6

I wanted my castle cake (see my photos) all edible so for the towers I used 2 ice cream cones glued small end to small end with gum glue. Then I covered in fondant. For the turrets I used the waffle cones. I tried a few different things- piping gel, melted choc, syrup.... I tried to save time and avoid having to cover them in fondant. And in the end, I would have been best to cover them in fondant, coat with piping gel and then sprinkle the sugar on. HTH

11carol Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:58pm
post #6 of 6

thanks for the help....really should be asleep now....ade towers earlier on and turrets....hope they will be dry so i can take card out. have a can of lustre spray so may try that....was thinking of puttng on soe vines with flowers going up the towers....can anyone help?? also didnt make the walls part and what it jagged up and down....will this work if i just ake it tomorrow and put straight onto cake? any ideas? sorry for all the questions....its for a part on wed but have to deliver 2 night...and working toorrow to....sleeps now

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%