Do You Watch "the Todayshow"

Decorating By Gingoodies Updated 6 Sep 2005 , 3:41pm by thecakemaker

llj68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
llj68 Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 6:58pm
post #31 of 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gingoodies

llj it looked like that on TV too lol The Cake Diva has another one posted on her website and it looks short an stubby too. I am thinking she is using the plates to get the effect and not just the cake.

Hmmm--maybe she should invest in the "Wonder Mold" pan and get a better-looking dress.

Thanks for the info!

Lisa

nanni Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nanni Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 7:43pm
post #32 of 49

We were asking about the crabcake Debbie-it did look familiar, huh???? See, you are truly an Inspiration!!!

thecakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
thecakemaker Posted 31 Aug 2005 , 7:52pm
post #33 of 49

You know ~ I read it nanni and it totally went over my head!

I'm working on overload right now with work, soccer, back to school, house and fair entries! I can't wait to be able to just sit and relax again! Maybe tonite - after grocery shopping, dinner, dishes, laundry and homework!

Debbie

SarahJane Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SarahJane Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 4:16am
post #34 of 49

I don't like the wedding dress cake either, I've seen cakes that look like they have a train on them, but I don't like that it has straps sticking out of the top of the cake.

PolishMommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PolishMommy Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 2:51pm
post #35 of 49

I had to vote for #1 even though "pumpkin chocolate chip" sounds weird. But sometimes odd sounding flavors taste really good!? I really just like the look of round (or oval or otherwise curved) wedding cakes. #2 and #3 are square. But #3 is really nice too.

Why didn't the cake diva do a sculpted cake for the wedding dress? Seeing the cake layers looks really unappealing and the straps are just weird. Maybe the front looks better?

HollyPJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
HollyPJ Posted 1 Sep 2005 , 2:56pm
post #36 of 49

I have a friend who makes pumpkin chocolate chip muffins and they are SO delicious!
I bet that combo would actually be pretty good in a cake.

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 2 Sep 2005 , 7:33pm
post #37 of 49

Well !! icon_smile.gif Cake #2 won (the pink and brown one) I think it was the "bushel of crabs" that did the trick!!!! (copycats!!) icon_confused.gif That and maybe because it was the only "vanilla" cake (butter cake with raspberry filling). I hope everyone enjoyed looking and voting for their favorite cake! thumbs_up.gif

confectionaryperfection Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
confectionaryperfection Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 12:04am
post #38 of 49

i have to say i agree. i saw last year a show about weddings at the waldorf astoria in nyc, and she did the cake. not only was the cake dive 4 hours earlier then the agreed upon time for cake delivery, the cake table was not even ready for her yet, she refused to come back later at the correct time, and made the coor. find a table and have it dressed for her cake right then. also while they were getting the table she was hopping around making faces at the camera and talking (street slang) with her helper about the coord. she was waring dirty sweats and was a mess. i dont think all she says on her website is true.

adven68 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adven68 Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 12:52am
post #39 of 49

The whole time I am reading these posts, I'm thinking..."Gosh, I really hope Cakediva doesn't suscribe to this site under another name".

meandmine Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
meandmine Posted 3 Sep 2005 , 5:22am
post #40 of 49

i din't vote for any of the cakes but I didn't like the cake divia's cake either i didn't like her cake on the food network either and i kept looking at the crab cake and thought i have seen that cake before i beleive that someone is a copy cake I love this site just learning and gaining so much help I hope that the cake diva does see the comments and improves her style.

adven68 Posted 4 Sep 2005 , 3:55pm
post #41 of 49

If I were her and I read these comments...I think I would burst into tears. Am I over reacting or have the comments been a little mean on this particular topic?

Gingoodies Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Gingoodies Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 2:13am
post #42 of 49

Adven68.. everyone has a right to their own opinion. I must say that I have looked at the Cake Diva's website and saw some very nice looking cakes there. It's just that I don't particularly care for the way this design was executed. I dont think anyone intended to be "mean". I don't know if the Cake Diva subscribes to this website or not.. but if you put your work out to a public forum, like the Today Show, you also open yourself up to accolades and criticism alike.

adven68 Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 12:00pm
post #43 of 49

I totally agree with your comments. I was just used to total support from my fellow cakemakers and it through me for a loop when I read that "she was annoying". That is a personal attack...not a criticism.

cakegal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakegal Posted 5 Sep 2005 , 11:39pm
post #44 of 49

I can't believe #2 won.... I liked #3 the best...but the public picked the one they wanted...
I didn't think it went with her wedding theme...the grooms cake was awesome though...
As for CakeDivas dress cake... I don't think it was proportioned right...made the bride look fat..and it looked more like something you would have at a bridal shower than an original wedding cake...only because how she shaped it... I know there are beautiful dress cakes out there that would make a lovely wedding cake...This one just didn't have the appeal...
That's all...
cakegal

thecakemaker Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 2:32pm
post #45 of 49

Here's a good one! I received an e-mail from Fancy Cakes by Leslie's lawyer stating "please note that the bushel of crabs cake submitted by my client, Fancy Cakes by Leslie, Inc., was in no way derived or in any way based on your cake". Amazing isn't it! That is in response to an e-mail I had sent to her simply saying that I liked her cake as it resembled one I submitted to the State Fair last year for a competition. No accusations! I feel important now!

Debbie

adven68 Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 2:56pm
post #46 of 49

Debbie...now you know you're in the big league! But I think it would have been nicer if she herself wrote to you instead of getting an attorney involved. Oh well....I guess she has no clue about you and was just playing it safe!

thecakemaker Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 3:01pm
post #47 of 49

Better safe than sorry I guess. If she were one of us "little guys" she'd know how well we share and help each other! I hope if I ever get "discovered" that I don't lose track of where I came from and who my friends are! You guys are great!

Debbie

adven68 Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 3:31pm
post #48 of 49

Debbie...
You are certainly in the ranks of the "pros". I just took a look at your cakes and, let me tell you...there is not much out there that you couldn't do. I think if you have the basic talent....you can make any design that the professionals do. You need to be a good planner and manage your time very well. That's all.

thecakemaker Posted 6 Sep 2005 , 3:41pm
post #49 of 49

Thanks adven68! Maybe some day!

Debbie

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%