Amazing Wedding Cakes Cake Girls Discuss Prices!

Lounge By mbark Updated 3 May 2010 , 3:52am by GypsyQueen

mbark Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:16pm
post #1 of 3

I love this show and am watching a 2008 episode where Brenda meets with a guy who wants to surprise his wife on their 1st anniversary with a tiered cake with butterflies and is quoted $600 for a basic version or closer to $800 for lots of butterflies. Of course he wants to stay closer to the $600 version and Mary wants to do more on it to make it really pretty.
It's just nice to hear a cake quote on this type of show so people watching have an idea of how much these time-intensive custom cakes really are.
Side note, almost eerie to see the CakeGirls studio before the fire.

2 replies
dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:57pm
post #2 of 3

yeah and u saw the cake they did that looked like a tree stump??? gorgeous!!!!

I pray to God they re-open and I know it will be a bigger place... they got so famous that they needed more room for sure... I know that's not to say it's not super bad what happened.... I know that their art is not replaceable....

GypsyQueen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GypsyQueen Posted 3 May 2010 , 3:52am
post #3 of 3

I cant imagine getting that much for a cake! Im new to this.

I live in the northwest suburbs of Chicago and was really surprised to turn on the news and see the building burning down. They were obviously upset that it was burning down, but were crying and apologizing more to the public for not making their cake deadlines. Luckily they are so famous that they can reopen. Until then a nearby bakery lent out their space to Cake Girls so that they can finish their orders.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%