Chocolate Molding

Baking By Celinda Updated 3 May 2010 , 5:44am by mamawrobin

Celinda Posted 2 May 2010 , 10:42pm
post #1 of 9

I am using recipe 14oz chocolate 1/3 cp of Karo syrup is really really greasy. Is this normal?

8 replies
adonisthegreek1 Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:18pm
post #2 of 9

I thought you meant molded chocolate candies. You don't need corn syrup for that. If you mean chocolate clay, did you let it rest overnight to gain the right texture and consistency? Your recipe is what I use and it is greasy when it is warm, but once it sits it is not.

adonisthegreek1 Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 9

Here's a recipe on CC that uses 10 oz. of chocolate:

mamawrobin Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:41pm
post #4 of 9

You need to let it rest for 24 hours.

Celinda Posted 3 May 2010 , 12:10am
post #5 of 9

Thanks all, am new at this and boy was I scared seeing it so greasy

Celinda Posted 3 May 2010 , 12:13am
post #6 of 9

It is Modeling clay that I was trying to get. Being in a hurry n worried really messed the correct WORD. Am doing a cake for my husbands new unit at Ft. Knox so want it just right

Thanks again

ibmoser Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:14am
post #7 of 9

One little trick I learned in a Mike McCarey class - when combining the corn syrup (warmed gently to the same temp as the melted chocolate), stir only until it comes together and looses its shine. Be sure to scrape down and incorporate the contents of sides and bottom of the bowl and use a folding motion. Once it has a matt appearance, quit stirring!!!! Scrape it onto a piece of plastic wrap, wrap it well and let it cure at least 6 hours. Then knead the hard slab into a workable clay. The oily separation is from either overheating or over-stirring.

Celinda Posted 3 May 2010 , 3:47am
post #8 of 9

Do u leave it out or put it in the Frig?

mamawrobin Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:44am
post #9 of 9

.Put it in the fridge for tonight only. You store at room tempature but I believe you're suppose to put it in the fridge for the 24 hour period. Your receipe should tell you whether you shoud or not thumbs_up.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%