Where Do You....

Baking By umgrzfn Updated 6 May 2010 , 11:58am by GeminiRJ

umgrzfn  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 2 May 2010 , 8:46pm
post #1 of 9

Get all of the cool cookie cutters? I've seen ones on here that are of hamburgers, fries, shells, different flowers, mickey and minnie mouse (and their ears), hello kitty, etc. I always buy my stuff from Global Sugar Art. I have bought cookies cutters from other sites, but I can't find the cool cutters that I see on here. Can anyone give me some ideas......PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 replies
 msulli10  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
msulli10 Posted 2 May 2010 , 8:56pm
post #2 of 9

I can tell you that Hello Kitty is not something you can get in the US. I printed out a picture and then cut a piece of cardboard and hand cut them. My hubby also used some aluminum and made me a cookie cutter. It wasn't that sturdy so I just hand cut them instead. You can see them in my pics.

mbark  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mbark Posted 2 May 2010 , 9:27pm
post #3 of 9

I have found lots of great variety on Ebay & many sellers ship worldwide.

cindy58  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cindy58 Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:07pm
post #4 of 9

It can be an art and addiction to track down cool cookie cutters!

Ebay is probably the most likely place to find many of the character cookie cutters. I wish they would continue to produce cutters like those.

You can send a self addressed envelope to ASM Cutters and Things, 2763 310th St, Cannon Falls, MN 55009-7000 to request a catalog. You have to order the old fashioned way, fill out an order blank and send a check. He makes lots of neat cutters at reasonable prices. He has a great sea shell set that I bought.

Also, if after seeing a cookie photo that you admire, try googleing that item, like "shell cookie cutter", that sometimes helps to track down items you might otherwise miss.

umgrzfn  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
umgrzfn Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:10am
post #5 of 9

Thanks Cindy58!! VERY good to know!! I will give it a try.

Lita829  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lita829 Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:39am
post #6 of 9

I absolutely love www.coppergifts.com. They have tons of cool cookie cutters, have speedy service, and you can order all the cutters you want and the shipping is always 6 bucks (unless you want overnight). They are great. I've ordered from them a lot.

CookieD-oh  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CookieD-oh Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:12am
post #7 of 9

Try http://www.ecrandal.com/index.html They'll even make you a custom cutter if you send in a picture.

terrylee  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
terrylee Posted 6 May 2010 , 3:24am
post #8 of 9

Country Kitchen SweetArt has a ton of cookie cutters......Check online but I know their catalog has a lot...

GeminiRJ  Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeminiRJ Posted 6 May 2010 , 11:58am
post #9 of 9

I make and use templates for the vast majority of the cookie designs that I do. This way, I get exactly the size and shape I want, and am not limited to doing only cookies that I can find a cutter for. I've found that ecrandal.com makes high quality, gorgeous copper cutters and I now own quite a lot of them! For a custom cutter, I highly recommend them.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%