Guitar Cake

Decorating By Eva2 Updated 2 May 2010 , 9:23pm by 11cupcakes

Eva2 Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:30pm
post #1 of 6

I am making a guitar cake, it's really long, what should I put it on? It will not fit on a cake board, thank you Eva

5 replies
mari2009 Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:37pm
post #2 of 6

Just idea someone gave me go to home depot or your local harware store and have them cut a piece of ply wood for about 3.00 dollors and just cover it with foil or the wilton silver paper for boards its very sturdy and you can reuse it icon_smile.gif

hisbird Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:59pm
post #3 of 6

I made a guitar cake last month and i bought a sheet of wood and covered it in sticky backed plastic/fablon and then put my cake on that. Its in my pics if you want to see.x

chanielisalevy Posted 2 May 2010 , 9:07pm
post #4 of 6

I did a guitar cake and I put it on a piece of foam core from Michaels. I covered the foamcore with copies of sheet music then covered the whole thing in clear contact paper. The guitar fit perfectly. I made a template of the guitar shape on construction paper taped together, then cut it out and traced it onto thicker paper which was the template I used to carve the cake shape. (I just laid it on top of the cake and cut with a knife held perpendicular to the cake- easy peasy) Good luck!

jammjenks Posted 2 May 2010 , 9:20pm
post #5 of 6

I had my local lumberyard cut a piece of 1/2" plywood to 18"X36". Then that was covered in white freezer paper.

I love the sheet music idea from chanielisalevy.

11cupcakes Posted 2 May 2010 , 9:23pm
post #6 of 6

Love the photo of the guitar cake, what a great idea for the board.

Quote by @%username% on %date%