Tn Flooding

Lounge By patticake1951 Updated 4 May 2010 , 7:57pm by mrspriss0912

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:38pm
post #1 of 12

I hope all of our TN decorators are safe and dry. There are alot of roads closed and they have declared a state of emergency in several of the counties. Luckily I am in the east part and we didn't get as much as some of the lower elevations.
Here is a video of some of the damage.
http://www.tennessean.com/article/20100502/NEWS/100501057/CNN++Flood+washes+away+building
and some pictures
http://www.tennessean.com/apps/pbcs.dll/gallery?Avis=DN&Dato=20100502&Kategori=NEWS01&Lopenr=5020806&Ref=PH

this is my brother's driveway
http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/video/video.php?v=1441768166234&ref=mf

11 replies
TheCakerator Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TheCakerator Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:14pm
post #2 of 12

I remember when my dh and I went to pigeon forge 7 years ago for our honeymoon, and a ton of rain fell and the road to our cabin up in the mountains got washed out and we couldn't get a refund on it. We bought the newspaper that had a picture of the town completely flooded out. It was crazy.

Then we went back there for our 5 year anniversary, and mentioned it to a few people in town and NO ONE remembered the flooding. We told them gatlinburg was being evacuated and still nothing. We still talk about it to this day.

mrspriss0912 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mrspriss0912 Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:27pm
post #3 of 12

Well we are dry and doing well, was pretty bad last night DH could not get home our drive way was underwater.... second round today has covered it up again but thank goodness we live on a small hill warm and dry.
We have over 105 roads closed throughout the state and several school systems are closed for tommorow. We had at last cout 8 deaths in the state due to the flood. rain expected through the rest of the day and into tommorow Keep us in your prayers I know of several folks who have lost their homes and others with a lot of damage to deal with.

patticake1951 Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:39pm
post #4 of 12

I know, it is bad. Roads are closed all over the place. My oldest dd is stuck in Waynesboro at her MIL's and the next to the oldest said that roads are flooded all around her.

mrspriss0912 Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:50pm
post #5 of 12

Patticake you are about 35 miles from me I am in brush creek/carthage area, how is it on your side ? havent heard much about the plateau area... Hope your dd's are safe! take care of yourselves

patticake1951 Posted 3 May 2010 , 12:15am
post #6 of 12

It is just raining here, I haven't been anywhere so don't really know about the rest of the area. my youngest dd lives here about 3 blocks from me.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:03am
post #7 of 12

Hey everyone..I'm on the KY/TN border an there is quite a bit going on here.
Nursing home evacuated...along with the whole downtown Red Boiling.
There are lots an lots of bridges out..mud slide on hwy 10 this afternoon.

It has really been something!

CakesByLJ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakesByLJ Posted 3 May 2010 , 1:15am
post #8 of 12

I'm in Clarksville, and while my home and family are safe, thank God, we drove downtown to see the Cumberland River... it has risen to the banks of Riverside Dr. Quite a sight to see... Nashville has a lot of damage and evacuated many folks.. so sad to see..

GeorgiaGingerbread Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GeorgiaGingerbread Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:16am
post #9 of 12

Those pictures that you posted the link for patticake are absolutely heartbreaking. I sincerely hope all of you TN cakers stay safe and do well. Unfortunately I have also been on the receiving end of these disastrous storms. My home was flooded with 10 feet of water back in September here in Georgia, so I feel for you guys. All of these people are in my heart and my thoughts.

patticake1951 Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:26am
post #10 of 12

I know, it is terrible, That is all the news is talking about. The same newscasters have been on all day long.
We are still getting rain, but it isn't as bad here. I know a lot of people have lost their homes in the other counties though.
Hope you have everything back to normal now.

Katie-Bug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Katie-Bug Posted 4 May 2010 , 1:23am
post #11 of 12

Hey, I've been alot of talk about the dams..esp. cordell hull..anyone know anything?

We're on water restrictions now..

mrspriss0912 Posted 4 May 2010 , 7:57pm
post #12 of 12

I understand that htey have opened Center Hill and Cordell hull to relieve the pressure on the dam's Carthage was evacuated yesterday havent heard anything today will keep you posted as I hear it . Stay safe

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%