I'm So Glad That's Over!!

Decorating By candoo Updated 3 May 2010 , 12:05pm by candoo

candoo Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:00pm
post #1 of 9

I just finished 4 big cakes, and 2 smash cakes for this weekend, and I work a "regular job"! They like to have killed me!!! LOL! Last summer, I did 6-8 cakes per week- and after this weekend, I say I have NO IDEA how I managed!! I WILL NOT be doing that again this summer!! I finally have all of them uploaded, though. I did one for my best friend's little girl that was one of my favorites ever (it's the butterflies and bugs one in my album)! I don't get to do a lot of girly cakes, so I had fun with it!! Well, thanks for letting me vent/breathe an huge sigh of relief to ya'll! I'm now kicked back in my recliner, btw!!! Hahahaaa!!

8 replies
Ruth0209 Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:20pm
post #2 of 9

I feel your pain. I work full-time and do the cakes part-time. Sometimes I wonder what's wrong with me. It can get to be a drag to work all day and then work three or four more hours in the evening on a cake for the weekend. If I didn't need the extra money so much, I'd cut way back. It's a good thing I really love making cakes.

momma28 Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:32pm
post #3 of 9

I wont usually take more than 2 cakes in a week (one if its a big elaborate wedding cake). That would be way too many cakes for me.

candoo Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:42pm
post #4 of 9

I have every intention of cutting back to 2 per week. I just seem to have a problem saying no!

Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:18pm
post #5 of 9

Same with me. I work 40 plus hours a week at my regular job so I limit myself to 2 cakes per week max. However, I have been doing 2 cakes a week for the past 4 weeks, and I'm tired with no actual day off to do just nothing. I had to turn down a couple of orders this weekend so I can get a break and actually enjoy Mother's day.

It is very hard to say no, which is how I ended up with a couple of weeks with 3 cakes.

JenniferMI Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:45am
post #6 of 9

Saying no can be a hard thing.... But we do learn just how hard we want to work.

Jen icon_smile.gif

candoo Posted 3 May 2010 , 3:00am
post #7 of 9

LOL! And I think I've learned that I don't wanna work THIS hard!!! icon_smile.gif

momma28 Posted 3 May 2010 , 11:32am
post #8 of 9
Originally Posted by candoo

LOL! And I think I've learned that I don't wanna work THIS hard!!! icon_smile.gif

Lesson learned icon_smile.gif I did a wedding cake and 200 cheesecake lollipops for this past saturday...OMG I would have been better off taking another cake! Those lollipops just wore me out. Sometimes you dont think an order (or combination of orders) will be that time consuming.

Good luck on learning to say no. I gave in recently a grooms mom that I know who was near tears.....in doing so I now have 3 wedding cakes 4 the same day icon_sad.gif I normally will only take one. I can do it, but I know I wont like it.

candoo Posted 3 May 2010 , 12:05pm
post #9 of 9

That's me- I might CAN do it, but I know I won't like it. I have done this to myself through the 1st of June, but I am determined to STOP it this summer, and only do 2 per week. Now if I can just get through all of these weekends that are already overbooked!

Quote by @%username% on %date%