I'm Curious... What Happens If You Get Sick?!

Decorating By Meagazz Updated 2 May 2010 , 11:26pm by Mama_Mias_Cakes

Meagazz Posted 2 May 2010 , 2:52pm
post #1 of 3

Hi everyone!

I was just thinking this morning (as I woke up with the sniffles) - what do you do if you have an order and you wake up sick or catch a cold?

When I am able to have my own business (although not for 5 years or so), I would be worried that if I happened to catch a cold or something, that my customer would turn around and refuse to take their order.

Has this ever happened to you? What would you do in this case? Or at least if you DO catch a cold and have orders to fill, what steps do you take to make sure that everything is even more sanitary?

TIA!

Meagazz

2 replies
JGMB Posted 2 May 2010 , 8:18pm
post #2 of 3

I remember reading a thread about this before. Several professional bakers answered that they have a reciprocal agreement with another baker in the area to help each other out in case of emergency, i.e. illness, death in the family, etc.

Mama_Mias_Cakes Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:26pm
post #3 of 3

If it is a minor cold or sniffles, I extra sanitize everything and wear one of those hospital mouth masks. If it's something more serious then I have a fellow home baker that is a good friend of mine from school that I will send orders to, and she does the same for me.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%