Need Eggless Cake Recipe!

Baking By menas Updated 2 May 2010 , 4:14am by lmhaskell

menas Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
menas Posted 2 May 2010 , 3:26am
post #1 of 3

I have a nephew extremely allergic to eggs & need a tried & true recipe! Any suggestions?

2 replies
stsapph Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
stsapph Posted 2 May 2010 , 3:48am
post #2 of 3

I don't know any off the top of my head, but I picked up the book, Vegan Cupcakes Take Over The World, and have had great luck with the recipes I have tried. You should check it out. There are many fabulous recipes, and since they are all vegan, no eggs in any of them! HTH and maybe some others will have some more ideas for you.

lmhaskell Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lmhaskell Posted 2 May 2010 , 4:14am
post #3 of 3

I got this one from vegetarian resource group's website and it was really good. They also have a chocolate cake recipe too. Hope this helps!

VANILLA CAKE
(Serves icon_cool.gif

Heres a simple white cake recipe.

* 1/2 cup soft soy margarine
* 2-3/4 cups all-purpose white flour
* 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer
* 1/4 cup water
* 3/4 cup soy milk
* 1/2 cup water
* 1-3/4 cups sugar
* 1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Spray two round 8" x 1-2/3" pans with Pam, or lightly oil and flour. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Combine flour, baking powder, and salt and set aside. Mix Egg Replacer and 1/4 cup water and set aside. Mix soy milk and 1/2 cup water, and set aside.

In large bowl of electric mixer, beat soy margarine until it is creamy, about a minute. Gradually add sugar until well creamed. Beat in vanilla. Add mixed dry ingredients and mixed soy milk/water alternately to creamed margarine, sugar, and vanilla, beating after each addition. Begin and end with flour mixture. (Add flour in 4 steps, liquids in three.) Add mixed Ener-G along with the third addition of liquid. Turn evenly into pans.

Bake at 375 degrees for 30 to 35 minutes, or until done (wooden pick inserted into cake comes out clean). Remove from oven and let cool on cake rack for 10 minutes. Remove from pans and let cool on rack until cold. Frost as desired.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%