Wow!!

Decorating By cakesbysammie Updated 1 May 2010 , 9:27am by Rose_N_Crantz

cakesbysammie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakesbysammie Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:04am
post #1 of 2

I had no idea about not being able to sell character cakes!!! icon_surprised.gif I mean I guess it makes sense but I must say the thought never crossed my mind! I haven't sold any yet, well i've only made one so far & that was just to practice.

Glad I read a post on this site about it or I'd quite happily of done it without realising!! Whoops!

1 reply
Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:27am
post #2 of 2

I was a little surprised too when I first learned about it. It's really hard to tell people about it too when they're like "but if I can print it off the internet, why can't you put it on the cake?"

It goes beyond cake too. I work with someone who's a comic book artist and he goes to comic conventions. While he's there people will pay him to draw up a quick sketch and sign it and he always has to tell people, "I can't draw spiderman, batman, wolverine, etc." That makes sense too.

To the people that don't have the "creative bone", they have a harder time realizing it's not just about a store/person making a few bucks. It's the idea that you're using something that someone else imagined and drew up and making a profit on. I think artistic people understand this a little more than others that aren't quite as artistic.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%