Here's One...cel!

Decorating By onlymadaresane Updated 1 May 2010 , 9:31pm by onlymadaresane

onlymadaresane Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 10:33pm
post #1 of 4

I get that the lines in them are for wiring (right?) How do you use them?
Do you cut the leaf- the place the wire in the groove and then press the leaf onto it? I'm just a bit lost with that.

I've only made a few wired flowers/leafs and have just kinda worked it in there--sometimes it doesn't look so hot.

Is there a tutorial for something this simple?!

3 replies
sadsmile Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 10:54pm
post #2 of 4

Roll your paste on the cell board so that when you roll it the paste fill the grove and you still have a nice thickness for the leaves on the surface. Flip the paste over out onto your cutting surface, cut. Place it back on the cell board with the part in the grove, do the veining and insert the wire. Then remove from cell board and you can give the leaf some natural bends, or curl and place it to dry.

KonfectionKonnection Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 10:54pm
post #3 of 4

If I understand your question, what you do is roll your gum paste over where the lines (indentations) are, peel the gp up and turn it over (so there is a raised line), cut out your leaf, then thread the wire into where you have the extra gp. (I dip my wire into egg white, then slide it into the leaf/petal.)

Depending on the size of the leaf, it might be easier to hold it or, if it is larger, place near the edge of a Cel Pad or table, then gently touch the surface of the gp leaf to feel how the wire is progressing.

I hope that helps--it's kind of tricky to explain w/out being able to show it, too. (Let me know if you have other questions, or if this is confusing.) I had trouble figuring it out on my own, too, and ended up taking classes.

onlymadaresane Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:31pm
post #4 of 4

Ahh I think I get it! Thanks guys!

Quote by @%username% on %date%