Quick Shipping

Decorating By leily Updated 6 May 2010 , 1:55pm by AlanT

leily Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:30pm
post #1 of 4

Just wanted to say thanks and let others know the great customer service. I placed my order about 11:30 this morning and at 12:30 I had a confirmation in my email that it had shipped, and at 12:40 had the tracking information for UPS.

Thanks again for the great service!

3 replies
MalibuBakinBarbie Posted 4 May 2010 , 12:06am
post #2 of 4

Oh, I agree! I love ordering from them. You're right that they have wonderful customer service! Their web site is easy to navigate, they have a huge selection of inventory and they ship orders FAST. In fact, I ordered from them today and can't wait for my delivery! thumbs_up.gif

onlymadaresane Posted 4 May 2010 , 12:11am
post #3 of 4

I agree they are nice and fast to ship. But it never seems like they have everything in at one time! Like I need some SI that'll have to order tonight or early tomorrow- but they don't have the Ateco cutter's in I've been waiting to add to that order....so I'm forever blowing money on shipping.

AlanT Posted 6 May 2010 , 1:55pm
post #4 of 4

I understand your frustration of not having all the products in stock at one time. We offer almost 9000 items on our site from all over the world. Many of our suppliers are small companies that are slow to manufacture and ship. Some companies simply cannot meet the demands of all the sugar artist in the world that suddenly want their products. We order all our products long before they are out of stock. We simply have to wait until the manufacturer can fill our orders. Alan

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%