Fondant Covered Cake With Royal Icing Flowers

Decorating By suzieQ929 Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 9:08pm by Cakechick123

suzieQ929 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
suzieQ929 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:12pm
post #1 of 3

Help!! I was making a cake to be picked up tonight and used tomorrow morning that is MMF with royal icing flowers...Except, I was just notified that the cake will be picked up but now not used until Sunday! I have read that royal icing will melt on the fondant if left too long...is that true? I am new to this and now very nervous my cake will not look good when they need it to! Anyone know any good ideas or suggestions, or if that is true about the royal flowers melting?? Thanks in advance!

2 replies
juststarted Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
juststarted Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:19pm
post #2 of 3

The purple Petunis cake I made, I made it on Friday evening (did not freeze), drove it 450 km to my friend's place on Saturday, she put it in a fridge and cut the cake on Sunday Evening, the only difference I noticed that the color of the flower was a bit dull by the end. But there was certainly no melting. Your's should be good to.

Cakechick123 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Cakechick123 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 9:08pm
post #3 of 3

Ive never heard that RI on Fondant will melt. RI on buttercream is a different story but I have a competition cake that 2 years old. Its fondant with RI flowers and they are still perfect!, Like the PP said there might be a slight colour change, but as long as you dont leave it in direct sunlight this shouldnt happen in 1-2 days

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%