I Used Pudding To Flavor My Buttercream And...

Baking By nonilm Updated 2 May 2010 , 5:02pm by Minstrelmiss

nonilm Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nonilm Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:32pm
post #1 of 8

it worked! thumbs_up.gif
I was trying out my new mini tasty fill pan from Wilton and baked a small banana cake. I had leftover buttercream so I decided to experiment. I added about 1 tablespoon of the banana pudding mix (dry) to one cup of buttercream (I use the wilton recipe with half crisco and half butter). It was quite tasty, banana flavor without the alcohol flavor you can get from extracts. I'm sure you could adjust the intensity by adding more mix. It also seemed to make the buttercream more fluffy, if that makes any sense. icon_lol.gif

7 replies
adamsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
adamsmom Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:50pm
post #2 of 8

sounds yummie! I'll have to try

grama_j Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
grama_j Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:17pm
post #3 of 8

You can use different flavors of jello also....... I use it quite often.... You get the flavor AND the color !

iris219 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
iris219 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 11:15pm
post #4 of 8

great tip. Thanks for sharing.

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 May 2010 , 1:01am
post #5 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by grama_j

You can use different flavors of jello also....... I use it quite often.... You get the flavor AND the color !

Yes you can and that's the ONLY way you're going to get me to eat jello.

I hate jello and my 10 month old granddaughter does as well. My daughter gave her a bite the other night and she gagged. Tried to get her to take another bit and she quivered and shook her head icon_lol.gif Now when she sees my daughter (she loves the stuff) eating jello she just starts shaking her head NO...love that she hates it as much as I do. icon_lol.gif

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 1 May 2010 , 1:20am
post #6 of 8
Quote:
Quote:

I hate jello and my 10 month old granddaughter does as well. My daughter gave her a bite the other night and she gagged. Tried to get her to take another bit and she quivered and shook her head Now when she sees my daughter (she loves the stuff) eating jello she just starts shaking her head NO...love that she hates it as much as I do.

Nothing wrong with that! Smart baby! Jello's all the stuff they can't put in hotdogs anyways...nasty!

hehehehehe

mamawrobin Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mamawrobin Posted 1 May 2010 , 1:51am
post #7 of 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Minstrelmiss

Quote:
Quote:

I hate jello and my 10 month old granddaughter does as well. My daughter gave her a bite the other night and she gagged. Tried to get her to take another bit and she quivered and shook her head Now when she sees my daughter (she loves the stuff) eating jello she just starts shaking her head NO...love that she hates it as much as I do.

Nothing wrong with that! Smart baby! Jello's all the stuff they can't put in hotdogs anyways...nasty!

hehehehehe

That's funny icon_lol.gif My 17 year old son will not touch a hot dog. He says "do you know what they put in those things?" I've got to tell him what you said about the jello.

Minstrelmiss Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Minstrelmiss Posted 2 May 2010 , 5:02pm
post #8 of 8

gelatin: a colorless water-soluble glutinous protein obtained from animal tissues such as bone and skin

yuck...I'm a vegetarian and even a hot dog sounds better than that! sorry to steal your thread OP for my propaganda...

you were saying...pudding...I'll have to try that. I dreaming of a lemon cake with a lemon buttercream-pudding frosting now icon_smile.gif bye bye hips!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%