Which Wide Printer To Buy?

Decorating By RAGDOLLCATS Updated 3 May 2010 , 2:18am by icingimages

RAGDOLLCATS Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:16pm
post #1 of 2

Hi.I would like to buy a wide format printer for my cake images.Any one use either the Epson 1100 Workforce printer or the Canon Pixma Pro 9000 Mark 2 Photo.
Thanks

1 reply
icingimages Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:18am
post #2 of 2

I have been working with edible printers for almost 11 years now. I am a Canon girl at heart, mainly becuase of the removable printhead. But I have never in all 11 years found a wide format Canon that I was happy with. Canon started adding more and more cartridges and last count I think they are at 10 cartridges which make edible printing more difficult. In the whole scheme of things, Black, Cyan, Magenta and Yellow is all you need for top quality edible printing since the media you are printing on is very pourous. I went so far after Canon reached 8 cartridges to import them in from Europe so I can get a 4 cartridge Canon. Though that was better than the 6 and 8 cartridge wide formats, for some reason, I always had problems with wide format Canons. So meanwhile in the non wide format area, I had some ink that was manufactured for my company for the newer Canons. I loved it so much, my ink tech talked me in to trying it with Epsons. I HATED IT with the Epson 1400, so I switched to the Epson 1100 and absolutely positively LOVE IT!!!!! Though it doesnt have a printhead, I havent had any troubles with it. So..., I thought I would try it in the non wide format Epsons. I HATED IT. Still love my Canons in the non wide formats, but I truely recommend the Epson 1100 hands down to any other wide format out there. If you want me to send you a sample of what I can print, I will be glad to. Or, if you bug me, I can try and figure out how to upload a picture of an image for you. But PM me cause I will forget. I am one of those who has to do it now or I move on to something else!!!!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%