Premade Candy Instead Of Fondant Pearls? Look At This

Decorating By KHalstead Updated 20 Jun 2010 , 10:23am by FleurDeCake

saycheese Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
saycheese Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:26pm
post #31 of 69

the candywarehouse dot com has sixlets in LOTS of colors!!!

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:47pm
post #32 of 69

I kinda like the look of them on that wedding cake..............I'll betcha the pearlized ones would look even MORE like fondant pearls.

For all the funky cakes though, I would have LOVED to have had these......like this cake below.......would've looked great with the shiny sixlets on it LOL
LL

jonahsmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
jonahsmom Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:51pm
post #33 of 69

Also, if you can use luster dust on m&ms and make the different colors all pearly and shiny, I bet you can use them on the sixlets and they would look even cooler!

I so need to stock up on EVERY color - but I'd probably end up snacking on them instead! My butt would NOT thank me for that! Better just wait until I need some!!!! icon_biggrin.gif

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:59pm
post #34 of 69

I did a google search for the sixlets and found them for 4.99 a pound or less if you order a larger quantity at nutsonline[dot]com.

These are probably too big to use for the wedding cake I have coming up at the end of August, but they would be perfect for my son's birthday cake which is going to be a treasure chest and his birth stone is a pearl. Now if I could just find the hard candy gems that cheap without having to make them myself! icon_smile.gif

saycheese Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:03pm
post #35 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by saycheese

the candywarehouse dot com has sixlets in LOTS of colors!!!

sorry...yeah...i meant ohnuts dot com icon_redface.gif oops

cheatize Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cheatize Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:17pm
post #36 of 69

Do the y bleed?
I think their use might be limited by the size of each ball.
Other than those 2 things, me likey!

PattyT Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
PattyT Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:34pm
post #37 of 69

This is a wonderful find KHalstead...thanks so much for sharing!

Postal_Cakemaker Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Postal_Cakemaker Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:34pm
post #38 of 69

Awesome!! Thanks for sharing!! thumbs_up.gif

patticake1951 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
patticake1951 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:47pm
post #39 of 69

I just went to Hobby Lobby and the wedding section is 50% off this week, I wish I had known earlier so the sale will be off after tomorrow. I did find 5 colors at ours. I only bought the pearl ones though. I have 2 wedding cakes to do in June. thanks for the info.

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:58pm
post #40 of 69

Okay...at the risk of sounding like an idiot...What are sixlets and how big are they?? Have never heard of them here in Canada....

TracyLH Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TracyLH Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:02pm
post #41 of 69

What a great find! I will pass this on to my daughter. Thanks so very much for sharing! icon_smile.gif

newmansmom2004 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
newmansmom2004 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:02pm
post #42 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by patticake1951

I just went to Hobby Lobby and the wedding section is 50% off this week, I wish I had known earlier so the sale will be off after tomorrow. I did find 5 colors at ours. I only bought the pearl ones though. I have 2 wedding cakes to do in June. thanks for the info.

RUNNING to Hobby Lobby right now! I love Sixlets!!

KHalstead, thanks so much for turning us on to these yummy little gems as an easier way to make pearls. thumbs_up.gif

saycheese Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:13pm
post #43 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kiddiekakes

Okay...at the risk of sounding like an idiot...What are sixlets and how big are they?? Have never heard of them here in Canada....

they are little chocolate balls with a candy coating. but not like m&ms.
they are maybe 1/4 inch to 3/8 or so? yummy. you may have seen them in little sleeves in the penny candy in asst colors.
http://www.niftynuthouse.com/images/P/sixlet%20tubes.jpg

erinalicia Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
erinalicia Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:19pm
post #44 of 69

I think in one of the descriptions I read they are 3/8".

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:35pm
post #45 of 69

Dude, I have a pack of those in my purse every Sunday morning to keep my 4 year old happy during church!! They are one of the greatest candies ever. And they look FABU on cakes. I love all the pics you guys have posted here.

One of my favorite wedding cakes that I've ever done was covered in chocolate ganache with whopper borders... that was truly awesome. I love how you can use these little things to save a ton of time. I am so excited to see you can get the Sixlets in individual colors!! Thank you KHalstead. You know I'll be ordering some! Now... how to keep me and the boys from eating them...? icon_lol.gif

cylstrial Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cylstrial Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:17pm
post #46 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

OH and they have PEARL ones too!!!!1

http://www.sweetfactory.com/index.php?_a=viewProd&productId=2306

CHECK OUT ALL OF THESE COLORS!!! I'M IN LOVE!!

http://www.sweetfactory.com/index.php?_a=storeSearch&searchStr=sixlets

That's so awesome! I LOVE sixlets!! Hehe. And they look awesome on the cake!

ginger6361 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ginger6361 Posted 1 May 2010 , 3:47am
post #47 of 69

They look perfect, but can you string them if needed?

wpowell4 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
wpowell4 Posted 1 May 2010 , 1:55pm
post #48 of 69

Thanks for sharing!!!!! This is so cool!!!!!! I love this site and the people who take the time to share there finds and ideas. I am just starting my business and every little bit helps icon_cry.gif

Limpy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Limpy Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:23pm
post #49 of 69

So,does anyone know if sixlets are available in Canada?

JGMB Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JGMB Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:30pm
post #50 of 69

Thanks, KHalstead!!! I especially love the lime green ones!

glendaleAZ Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
glendaleAZ Posted 2 May 2010 , 7:06am
post #51 of 69

Thanks KHalstead - great find.

In general I don't like sweets, but these little gems are a must have during Halloween.

tsal Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tsal Posted 2 May 2010 , 9:45am
post #52 of 69

Wow!! What a find! I am jealous - I can't use them because they are labelled 'may contain nuts/peanuts' but a great find for allergy-free folks!

karenm0712 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
karenm0712 Posted 2 May 2010 , 10:50am
post #53 of 69

I have some of these! My mom got a pack of pearlized (sp) pink, brown, and ivory and gave them to me - I used the pearl on my mermaid/under the sea cake. LOVED THEM and they were very yummy. icon_smile.gif I think the only 'issue" is that they only come in one size and they are a bit small. But they are great!

Majie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Majie Posted 2 May 2010 , 10:52am
post #54 of 69

Ha ha you guys are spoilt for,choice, if you come to my world, you will have to roll each individual bead one by one, until you have 500 for a single tier, and guess how many you will need for a seven tier! anyway until i'm also spoit, happy find my CC Buddies!

joenshan Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
joenshan Posted 2 May 2010 , 11:05am
post #55 of 69

I thought that logo looked familiar. I was just in that store last week, wasn't thinking cakes, but I am really psyched, the store is 5 minutes from my office. Now I will just go there. Thanks for the find.

Melvira Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Melvira Posted 2 May 2010 , 10:29pm
post #56 of 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majie

Ha ha you guys are spoilt for,choice, if you come to my world, you will have to roll each individual bead one by one, until you have 500 for a single tier, and guess how many you will need for a seven tier! anyway until i'm also spoit, happy find my CC Buddies!

Oh goodness, we ARE spoiled, aren't we?? It's terrible, but I complete admit it. If I could justify the cost of a sheeter, I'd be so spoiled no one could STAND ME!! icon_lol.gificon_cry.gif

margi24 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
margi24 Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:38pm
post #57 of 69

oh i sooooo need these, can't get em in UK tho icon_sad.gificon_cry.gif

patticake1951 Posted 21 May 2010 , 9:09pm
post #58 of 69

I just finished up a wedding cake and used the pearl ones on it. I think it turned out pretty good.

cakedivamommy Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cakedivamommy Posted 23 May 2010 , 10:11pm
post #59 of 69

I could not have found this thread at a better time! I have a wedding cake coming up where I needed to make fondant pearls. One ? though. How well do they hold up in the heat?

patticake1951 Posted 23 May 2010 , 11:12pm
post #60 of 69

my dd took this one to the wedding yesterday and she said it stayed on pretty good. They had to drive about 30 minutes.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%