Cake Cricut Due At Michaels....

Decorating By TexasSugar Updated 4 May 2010 , 3:12pm by bostonterrierlady

TexasSugar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
TexasSugar Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm
post #1 of 18

According to the email I got last night Michaels is suppose to have them on May 2nd. They will be on sale for $349, regular price $399.

Here is the list of stuff in the line they will (should?) have with it...

http://www.michaels.com/art/online/displayproductlist?reg_source=WNAM0510&cm_ven=mic&cm_cat=news&cm_pla=email&cm_ite=wnam0510&categoryid=195845

Sorry if this is a repeat, I haven't read every forum yet.

17 replies
rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:00pm
post #2 of 18

Thanks!! I think they'll have the cartridges for $40.

kake4me2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kake4me2 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:33pm
post #3 of 18

Do you think we'll be able to use the 40% off coupons on the accesories(frosting sheets and things)? I know you can't use it on the machines themselves....

Kiddiekakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Kiddiekakes Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:39pm
post #4 of 18

Yes..It is already posted in the flyer here this week...I believe in the fine print on the bottom of the flyer it states you cannot use the coupon for any name brand items like Martha Stewart,cricut etc...you know...expensive items... icon_wink.gificon_wink.gif

TexasSugar Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:10pm
post #5 of 18

My guess is no, but I'm not 100% sure.

I know the coupon now reads that it exculdes all cricut and slice products. I'm sure they will update that to the Cake Cricut when it hits stores.

rosiecast Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
rosiecast Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:18pm
post #6 of 18

Nope. ALL cricut products are excluded.

YesiBoo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
YesiBoo Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:32pm
post #7 of 18

Through the month of May the Cricut cake will be onsale for $299.99 at Costco.com!!!

Rose_N_Crantz Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rose_N_Crantz Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:58am
post #8 of 18

I was told by my Michaels that they were going to be getting the Duff products in next week.

That was over two months ago. . .

I think my Michael's is slow.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 2 May 2010 , 6:55am
post #9 of 18

Yeah, I was just in Michael's today, they have a sign at the front advertising Duff's stuff, but no Duff stuff in the store. huh.

TexasSugar Posted 3 May 2010 , 3:56pm
post #10 of 18

Look for changes to happen in the cake aisle at Michaels in the next month. My manager said he wasn't sure how much Duff we were getting and I've known we were getting it for months.

I know our store reset is suppose to start the 7th but it will be probably the first of next week when it happens.

akgirl10 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
akgirl10 Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:03pm
post #11 of 18

Our Michaels stores didn't get the cricuts in. Hopefully they will by this morning, I really want one!

tron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tron Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:23pm
post #12 of 18

So many exciting things going on at our craft stores!!! I wonder if Joann's will get it too? I just want to see a demo in person for the cuts like the other one in the store.

LindaF144a Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LindaF144a Posted 3 May 2010 , 5:51pm
post #13 of 18

My Michaels had the cricut cake and the duffs fondant. The cricut cake was in full display as you walk in the door. I just don't do enough cakes to justify $349. Maybe someday when I'm looking for a new toy. icon_wink.gif

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 3 May 2010 , 6:09pm
post #14 of 18

I have two questions regarding the Cricut cake (sorry if this has been answered in another forum but I haven't found the answer). I see here that you will be able to use Frosting Sheets in the Cricut Cake; is that something you can use on the Expression? And also, will you be able to use the Cake cartridges on the expression?

TIA

tron Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tron Posted 3 May 2010 , 6:13pm
post #15 of 18

Preciosa225, I believe they said not to use the frosting sheet in the expression because it is not food grade. But you can use the cartridges from the cricut cake in other cricut machines.

preciosa225 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
preciosa225 Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:36pm
post #16 of 18

Ohhh, thanks for clearing that up. I wasn't aware that you could use the frosting sheets in the cricut cake.

Thanks again. It is good to know that at least we can use the cartridges (even though I think I am going to invest in SCAL or MTC).

mhorne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mhorne Posted 4 May 2010 , 2:47pm
post #17 of 18

Ac Moore has had them in stock since last Friday!! They are having their demo this Saturday May 8, 2010. icon_biggrin.gif

bostonterrierlady Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bostonterrierlady Posted 4 May 2010 , 3:12pm
post #18 of 18

One thing I do not like about this machine is you have to make your images so thin. If you want to use it for the top of the cake to be a topper it is paper thin. I think this machine was very rushed and not thought through. Still undecided if I want this.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%