Pineapple Filling

Decorating By TSG177 Updated 15 Jul 2013 , 1:41am by Purple Empress

TSG177 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:22pm
post #1 of 8

Hi Everyone, I was planning on making a cake for Mother's Day with a pineapple filling. Does anyone have a suggestion as to the flavor of the cake and frosting. I was thinking of maybe a cream cheese frosting. If anyone has any ideas, I would love to hear them. Thanks!

7 replies
cownsj Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm
post #2 of 8

My personal favorite is vanilla cake with cococut bc. We call it a pina colada cake. I think the cream cheese frosting should work well too. I'm debating over vanilla or chocolate cake for that.

TexasSugar Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:32pm
post #3 of 8

Coconut cake with coconut flavored icing. icon_smile.gif

leily Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:02pm
post #4 of 8

Probably not what you're looking for since it's your mom, but my favorite is Blue Maui cake with pineapple filling. I just used a white cake mix and substituted all of the water with blue maui.

But coconut is always a good one.

aussiecook Posted 1 May 2010 , 12:32pm
post #5 of 8

hawaiin cake.

One white cake mix. Baked.
when hot, poke holes with the end of a wooden spoon.
pour over about 1 cup of coconut cream.
let cool. Ice with whipped cream, well drained pinapple.
sprinkle with toasted coconut.

this tastes like icecram.

TSG177 Posted 4 May 2010 , 11:06pm
post #6 of 8

Wow the Blue Maui cake sounds good but to you last the alchol and so does the Hawaiian cake. I will have to think about this one. Thanks to everyone for their input.

leily Posted 11 May 2010 , 4:03pm
post #7 of 8
Originally Posted by TSG177

Wow the Blue Maui cake sounds good but to you last the alchol...

OK, I am assuming this should be "do you taste the alcohol" You get the taste of the blue maui and a little bit of alcohol, but quite a bit of the alcohol bakes off. (not 100% though like most say it does)

Purple Empress Posted 15 Jul 2013 , 1:41am
post #8 of 8

Just wondering how was the flavor of the Alcohol...too much, too lil, just right??

Quote by @%username% on %date%