Candy Clay For Bouquet

Baking By Lcubed82 Updated 1 May 2010 , 9:23am by motherofgrace

Lcubed82 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:12am
post #1 of 6

Have you tried using the candy clay to stablize your cookie bouquets instead of floral foam?

I am working on two bouquets for a Relay for Life auction event. I have a piece of foam in the bottom of the pot for height, then the wrapped block of candy clay (I read somewhere to wrap it in plastic). I am anxious to see how this works.

I do have time to change to all foam if this seems iffy.

5 replies
motherofgrace Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:09am
post #2 of 6

isnt candy clay way more expensive???

I buy my foam at the dollar store, so i dont see why you would want to spend so much?

foam + weight rocks = $2

Candy clay = ???

Lcubed82 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:50pm
post #3 of 6

I had melts in the pantry, so thought I'd try. I am realizing tho that the sticks are going to get icky(?). Maybe I will save this for choc roses!!!

motherofgrace Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:31pm
post #4 of 6

yes they would probally get sticky and icky lol

Lcubed82 Posted 1 May 2010 , 12:41am
post #5 of 6

So I carted everything to my DD college to put together the bouqets. We decided to use the candy clay, as it held well, and added weight.

I figured the cost- actually close to yours, Sweetheart. The melts I buy at Michaels with coupons, so only about 1.80. 1/3 cup corn syrup is all you add. One recipe made a nice block for one bouquet. I added foam under it to get the needed height. One blog said fill vase with candy clay, but depending on the size, that could get to be a lot!

Working on getting pix ready to upload. It's been a long day of driving!

motherofgrace Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:23am
post #6 of 6

see my candy clay ehre in alberta is more lol, even with the coupon i think ( i usually make my own colours out of white chocolate and colour)

plus for me factoring in the cost for gas to get to a micheals, compared to the dollar store is cheaper.

But i cant wait to see how it turned out for you!

Quote by @%username% on %date%