So I Offer To Do A Cake....

Decorating By strathmore Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 9:45pm by CBMom

strathmore Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:59am
post #1 of 3

for the opening of a new child care center/organisation and they are expecting 300 or so. Had a meeting with organiser - they will pay ingredients and this is a good way to get myself out there and known.

Now the thing is do I do something easy and simply decorated sheet cake that won't feed that many to be eaten at the end of the night after supper but just mainly as something to 'show' or go all out and do the idea I want to do which is heaps more work, and would be my first tiered cake and not a normal one at that ??

(Mod edited.) Not sure if I can put the site up or not for the organisation but its and I am going to replicate the top of the page with the kids and logo. And since the children are a real picture not sure how to do that except to paint it and a life portrait artist I am not !!

2 replies
nwnest Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:09am
post #2 of 3

How about more cartoonish children (maybe not even in the jumping pose) but wearing the same green shirts and blue jeans? I think it's distinctive enough that they will automatically recognize it as being from their page.

CBMom Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 9:45pm
post #3 of 3

I would do a 3 tier, with the 3 colours from the webpage..

Bottom tier - was that one brown or blue?
Mid tier - in the brown or blue icon_smile.gif
And the top tier in orange.

The chain link logo thingy on the top, with the name of the organization on the tiers.

Bright green fondant cut out t-shirts, and denim blue fondant jean cutouts on the tiers as well, to tie it all together

Just an idea!
I say go for it - if you do the sheet cake thing, you'd always wonder "what if?"

But I would have a sheet cake back're going to need it for the extra servings anyway icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%