Royal Icing Embroidery

Decorating By candacesmith Updated 2 May 2010 , 12:17pm by mellormom

candacesmith Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:36am
post #1 of 7

Hey ya'll! I found this BEAUTIFUL cake with "embroidered" flowers. I know it's done in royal icing, but does anyone know specifics to this? Thanks so much!

6 replies
rcolson13 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:28pm
post #2 of 7

Basically, you outline the flower with your icing (I used buttercream when I did it) on the cake. Pick a spot on the flower and using a moist brush gently pull the icing down and in towards the center of the flower. This is a very basic form of brush embroidery that I used on a cake in my photos. The cake you attached used multiple colors (which I have yet to do), so I can't help you there. I found a lot when I googled it though. There are great videos on youtube as well. Hope that Helps!

candacesmith Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 5:29pm
post #3 of 7

Thank you so much! I was going to google it, but I had no idea what to google! Thanks again! icon_smile.gif

7yyrt Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:38pm
post #4 of 7

It might be 'silk crewel embroidery' like this cake.
This one is simply piped one strand at a time. (Not my cake)

jessielou Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 7:46pm
post #5 of 7

I saw that same cake the other day..LOVE it! I have it saved on my computer to try later icon_biggrin.gif

TitiaM Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 8:53pm
post #6 of 7

It looks like tube embroidery to me too. (supposed to look like crewel embroidery.) Done with a very fine tip and just piped one string at a time.

mellormom Posted 2 May 2010 , 12:17pm
post #7 of 7

This video is very helpful!


Quote by @%username% on %date%