Need Coffee Frosting Recipe Asap!

Baking By JanessaJo Updated 1 May 2010 , 2:38am by anasazi17

JanessaJo Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:56am
post #1 of 5

ive made some chocolate cupcakes that id like to put some yummy coffee flavored icing on for my co-workers (they are all addicted to coffee). ive been looking and cant find anything so far, so i figured i would post and see if i can get some quick responses cause i dont have time to look anymore.

i have salted butter, crisco, powdered sugar, instant coffee, vanilla extract and milk

thanks for your help =)

4 replies
anasazi17 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:04am
post #2 of 5

I use my same BC recipe but dissolve the instant coffee in the milk before you add it. It will be pretty strong, but once you add it to the BC it will taste amazing. Keep the vanilla! I have noticed that sometimes the color is a little pale--so I add a bit of brown...just a tad icon_smile.gif

mbark Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:16am
post #3 of 5

yep, I also add strong coffee, enough for flavor but not too much to make the frosting too loose. yummy!

JanessaJo Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:32am
post #4 of 5

well for some reason my coffee didn't dissolve all the way, so there are some coffee bits in the frosting, but it still taste great and adds a little decoration =)

i took the advice and just added the coffee to the other recipe, thanks!!

anasazi17 Posted 1 May 2010 , 2:38am
post #5 of 5

I'm glad it was yummy! If you ever need to do it again I recommend using Starbucks' new instant coffee...it completely dissolves and is nice and strong!! I use it whenever a recipe calls for x-tra strong or espresso icon_smile.gif

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%