Feedback

Business By Kitagrl Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 4:38pm by rosiecast

Kitagrl Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:00am
post #1 of 13

I used to get alot of feedback from cake orders. At first I emailed and checked on customers...then I stopped, thinking that was kinda like asking for praise, and anyway when I buy something at the store, I don't call them up and say thanks!!!! (I have emailed a few companies though and praised them for outstanding customer service!!!!)

Anyway lately I've been getting less and less "voluntary" feedback! I get it here or there but in general, nothing...even for bigger or more fancy cakes. I'm tempted to email and ask if everything was okay but I'm pretty sure if it was NOT okay, I'd have heard about it!!!!!

Maybe people are just getting busier and busier, and just don't think about it I guess? Anyway its a transaction...and I guess we don't usually go back after a transaction is finished and write feedback unless its Ebay or Amazon...haha.

12 replies
Elcee Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:14am
post #2 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitagrl

Anyway its a transaction...and I guess we don't usually go back after a transaction is finished and write feedback unless its Ebay or Amazon...haha.

Actually, the only reason I give feedback on Ebay is because they hound me until I do! icon_smile.gif As a customer, I like my business to be taken care of quickly and cleanly.

My absolute favorite vender at work is the one to whom I fax what I need, she fills my order with no fuss, no multiple emails or phone calls with questions and always exactly as requested then lets me know when it's ready. As a caker, I love feedback but I don't sell cakes. I think maybe free cakes get more oohs and aahs icon_smile.gif.

johnson6ofus Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:58am
post #3 of 13

Maybe renaming it a "survey" or "customer service follow up" would help. Try to make it look automatic/ spamish so the customer feels it is OK NOT to answer... and maybe the ones that do would provide insight/ suggestions you are looking for (if, in fact you are looking for the feedback).

Just a thought....

Butterpatty Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:00am
post #4 of 13

I work in a different "industry" than caking, but we send the "customers" home with an envelope that is addressed to us and stamped and contains a SHORT survey of how they think we did and if there is anything different that would have helped.

JanH Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 6:09am
post #5 of 13

My DH makes me fill out all the receipt/surveys in hopes he'll win one of the various prizes.... icon_lol.gif

rosiecast Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:32pm
post #6 of 13

Kita- as you stated before if there was something wrong you would have heard about it. So no news is good news. But, do you get a lot of repeat customers? because if I were in business that would be proof that they like my product. What about when they pick it up/you deliver it? do they tell you anything?

KHalstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:46pm
post #7 of 13

Kita, I saw a little while ago where Doug talked about something called "survey monkey" because someone didn't know WHY a customer didn't like their cake!

Turns out the customer didn't care for the icing or something.

Anyhow, that led me to create one and I put it on my website as a "survey" and at the end, I give them a "coupon code" to get 10% off their next order under $100.....so in essence I'm sacrificing $10........IF they order $100 worth of stuff.

I've had a great response!! I would say 1/3 of the cakes that go out now receive a survey response and it really lets me know what people think!

Here is a link to MY survey.....if you google "survey monkey" you'll see how to make one, it's very simple!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BCF99HZ">Click here to take survey</a>

dreamcakesmom Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:55pm
post #8 of 13

khalstead- that is perfect. sort of anonymous but you could pinpoint the order via the ate and type of cake if there were actual problems. What a great idea!

Kitagrl Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:01pm
post #9 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosiecast

Kita- as you stated before if there was something wrong you would have heard about it. So no news is good news. But, do you get a lot of repeat customers? because if I were in business that would be proof that they like my product. What about when they pick it up/you deliver it? do they tell you anything?

I do get alot of repeat customers, and sometimes customers from the guests...they write and say..."My sister got a cake from you last year..."

But that's just it...sometimes its 6 mos to a year before I hear about it.

Kitagrl Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:03pm
post #10 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

Kita, I saw a little while ago where Doug talked about something called "survey monkey" because someone didn't know WHY a customer didn't like their cake!

Turns out the customer didn't care for the icing or something.

Anyhow, that led me to create one and I put it on my website as a "survey" and at the end, I give them a "coupon code" to get 10% off their next order under $100.....so in essence I'm sacrificing $10........IF they order $100 worth of stuff.

I've had a great response!! I would say 1/3 of the cakes that go out now receive a survey response and it really lets me know what people think!

Here is a link to MY survey.....if you google "survey monkey" you'll see how to make one, it's very simple!

http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/BCF99HZ">Click here to take survey</a>

I did a survey monkey one time and I found that at least in one case it encouraged the person to find negative things they may have not already found....the person had told me they loved the cake and recommended me to others...however there were some questions they still answered less than perfect on.

Maybe I asked too many questions, I dunno. People are so negative these days, maybe I'm afraid to hear it.

KHalstead Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:58pm
post #11 of 13

so far I've had really good feedback and I include a link to it at the bottom of my business emails (as part of my signature line) and it just says "If you have placed an order with us before, please take the time to fill out a survey so we can better serve you in the future"

I don't tell them they get 10% off........it's just a little added bonus if they've taken the time lol

indydebi Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:18pm
post #12 of 13
Quote:

But that's just the nature of our industry. We are selling a product that people need/want for a special occasion, which rolls around once or twice a year.

rosiecast Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 4:38pm
post #13 of 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by indydebi

Quote:

But that's just the nature of our industry. We are selling a product that people need/want for a special occasion, which rolls around once or twice a year.

Yep, what Debi said. Although if it were up to my DH he would celebrate his birthday every month. With cake of course LOL

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%