Ideas For My Dad's 60Th B-Day Cake....?

Decorating By KateLS Updated 3 May 2010 , 4:08am by eccl1-12

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:49pm
post #1 of 4

So I have sorta an idea, but I don't know how to make the whole thing look nice...like what colors, etc.

So something like a 4"x10" round for the bottom tier, 4"x4" round for the middle tier, and 6"x6" round for the top tier.

I plan to make little figurines out of fondant/gumpaste that represent things about him that we love. For example an accordion, a fishing pole, dress shoes (that we use to wear for fun when we were little), and a music sheet.

So I was thinking of placing them on the bottom tier and perhaps putting a "60" on top and words like "We love you" on the side of one of the tiers. But I have no idea what else to do to make it look nice, but manly. I do pretty stuff fine...but how do you make it look nice without being girly?

Any ideas would be great!

TIA!

3 replies
eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 2:51am
post #2 of 4

Here's what i think would be fun. What if you make the base tier to be the one with the things like dress shoes and other things that have a lot to do with you and your siblings. For the second small tier, make it a musical accordion theme, with the sheet music up against it, etc. Then for the top tier, make that one a fishing theme.

You could do a blue background for the top fishing one, then a tan or light brown for the musical middle, and for the bottom, maybe a natural sort of green. The 60 could be on the very top in a gumpaste canoe. The We Love You should be on the bottom with the things that will be more about you and siblings.

Now I want to go make a cake! just a brainstorm, HTH!

KateLS Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KateLS Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:00am
post #3 of 4

Wow! You just got my mind running a million miles an hour and I love it! The thoughts are starting to flow! What great ideas! Thank you so much! I think you just saved me hours of work! Bless you! =)

I'm all excited now and not daunted, like I was!

Millions of thanks!

eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 3 May 2010 , 4:08am
post #4 of 4

I'd love to see a pic of it when you get it done! I am glad you liked the ideas!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%