Structure Help

Decorating By chasley101 Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm by chasley101

chasley101 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chasley101 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:14pm
post #1 of 9

Can anyone describe how to do these tiers? And how to keep the cakes from sliding off? I have an upcoming Tea Party cake. This is the look they want, except bottom layer is table, next layer tea pot, next layer sugar cube holder, top layer tea cup and saucer.

I'm not really sure how to do this. I will build the structure myself (actually it will be the hubby).

Thanks so much for your help.
LL
LL

8 replies
Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 10:04pm
post #2 of 9

foam wedges -- in this case covered in black so less noticeable
LL

weirkd Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
weirkd Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 10:20pm
post #3 of 9

There are also tubing that is made out of pvc that Ive seen on Cal Java Internationals website. Specifically designed to make this type of cake.

SugarFiend Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
SugarFiend Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 10:42pm
post #4 of 9

Doug - I love your diagram, as I usually quietly do. But in this case, I notice the absence of dowels for the individual tiers. How do those fit in?

Doug Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Doug Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 10:44pm
post #5 of 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by SugarFiend

Doug - I love your diagram, as I usually quietly do. But in this case, I notice the absence of dowels for the individual tiers. How do those fit in?

I was too lazy to draw them?

Leah_s would shoot me for not saying just use SPS? (foam on that plate and then foam attached to cake board under tier)

leah_s Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
leah_s Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:36am
post #6 of 9

Naaah, I'm gonna approve dowels for that one.

chasley101 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:01pm
post #7 of 9

And the cakes will be ok?? No sliding? Should I "glue" them to the board somehow?

katies_cakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
katies_cakes Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:19pm
post #8 of 9

Im desperate to try and make a cake like this! but when searching for info/photos on this style i never find what im looking for, what is this style commonly known as? Thanks

chasley101 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:32pm
post #9 of 9

I found this cake while I was looking at pinkcakebox .com pictures. She calls it Topsy Turvy. But I searched Tiered Topsy Turvy.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%