Do You Name Your Cupcakes??

Baking By nicolesplace Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 3:52am by pastrygirl2009

nicolesplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesplace Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:05pm
post #1 of 6

Just curious if you give your cupcakes names.

If you do, what do you use as your inspiration (other than the flavours). Do you think it's confusing for costumers? Do you find yourself constantly explaining the reason for the names?

icon_razz.gif

5 replies
pastrygirl2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl2009 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:11pm
post #2 of 6

I just name them what I think suits them. such as my german chocolate cupcake. is called the GSDchocolate. GSD stands for German shepherd dog. and we currently have an all black one whos name is cupcake!! so it fits. you can also go by the way you decorate them. is there somthing unique you put on certain cupcakes or do they all look the same??

nicolesplace Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
nicolesplace Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:20pm
post #3 of 6

Not really, I tend to do just use a star tip & I swirl as you would for a cupcake bouquet ( I think they have a "finished" look to them.

I am in the beginning babysteps of opening & I'm playing around with names & flavours.
Dark chocolate w/ vanilla buttercream - Black Tie Affair
Dark Chocolate infused with Malibu liquer w/ coconut buttercream - Swiss Miss
Rainbow w/ candy floss flavoured buttercream - Carnival Crazed
Rootbeer Float w/ vanilla bean frosting - Black Cow

I could keep going but.....LOL

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:31pm
post #4 of 6

I don't personally name mine..........but I love going to websites that do name theirs!

Love the names you have picked out too.........I would put it out there like this

Flavors:

Swiss Miss- Decadent dark chocolate cake, infused w/ Malibu liquer with a delicate coconut buttercream

something like that........the name.....and then a nice description so that there is no question what's in it!

tmac670 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tmac670 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:51pm
post #5 of 6

totally OT...... but this is a very small world-- I have a black German Shepard name Cupcake too!!! Well actually it is Alissa's Tasse Kuchen Von Titania-- but tasse kuchen is cupcake in German!
(as the tune from It's a Small World runs through my head)

pastrygirl2009 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
pastrygirl2009 Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 3:52am
post #6 of 6

yes mom I know the dogs name in German.......

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%