Paint Brushes...what Kind???

Decorating By alvarezmom Updated 30 Apr 2010 , 1:37pm by alvarezmom

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:00pm
post #1 of 6

I have a bunch of Luster dust and want to get some decent brushes from Michaels.

Which ones are good to use?

Thanks,

5 replies
Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:09pm
post #2 of 6

I bump this. thumbs_up.gif I would like to know also

tiggy2 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggy2 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:22pm
post #3 of 6

Go the art department and get some good brushes that don't "shed" their bristles. Sable is always good.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:24pm
post #4 of 6

I know they hate me at AC moore lol I buy the individual brushes first before getting sets that are packaged........and I stand there and pull at the hairs to make sure they don't come out. If even 1 hair comes out, I put the brush back!!! I love the brushes that have pink handles on them, not sure of the brand but they have SUPER tiny ones that are perfect for details on fondant figures and writing small words on plaques and such!

Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sweet-Sensation-Cakery Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 8:31pm
post #5 of 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KHalstead

I know they hate me at AC moore lol I buy the individual brushes first before getting sets that are packaged........and I stand there and pull at the hairs to make sure they don't come out. If even 1 hair comes out, I put the brush back!!! I love the brushes that have pink handles on them, not sure of the brand but they have SUPER tiny ones that are perfect for details on fondant figures and writing small words on plaques and such!

lol icon_biggrin.gif and I love you little slogan

alvarezmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
alvarezmom Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:37pm
post #6 of 6

Thanks! I'll have to pay the Art Department a little visit!

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%