Is This Tacky?

Decorating By leah_s Updated 3 May 2010 , 2:54am by JenniferMI

favrtdtr Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
favrtdtr Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:47am
post #31 of 42

I think it would be beautiful and I'll be watching to see if you do post any pics with them. Good luck with your decision.

lorieleann Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
lorieleann Posted 1 May 2010 , 7:54pm
post #32 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasSugar

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorieleann

Tacky or not is a question of taste, but i'd have to say that it would be very unsafe if they are made like regular string up lights. There are warning labels on most string/christmas style lights (which are imported) to wash hand throughly because the PVC coating contains lead to aid in flexibility.
Quote:
Quote:

One typical label reads, "The handling of this ... exposes you to lead a chemical known in the state of California to cause cancer and birth defects or other reproductive harm."

So i'm thinking that if children are warned against touching them, and hand washing is encouraged afterwards, i wouldn't be putting them on an edible item.

I have always cracked up at that label. How does the product know if it is in the state of California to even cause problems? It is just the way it is worded.

Of course CA doesn't like degrees or Non-toxic dusts either...

just thought that if people were being careful and warned here via sticky not to put wire in cakes b/c of material content, then a product known to contain lead shouldn't be placed on an edible surface either.

I believe that the label states California because they have more inclusive warning label requirements there. I guess interpretation in the the eye of the consumer.

conchita Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
conchita Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:13pm
post #33 of 42

omg they look nice, please show us the finish product to see how it comes out

Rachie204 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Rachie204 Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:22pm
post #34 of 42

I say you go for it and show us the finished product when you use them.... then we can order some icon_smile.gif

GenGen Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
GenGen Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:38pm
post #35 of 42

i think their very pretty thanks for showing us.

tonedna Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tonedna Posted 1 May 2010 , 8:57pm
post #36 of 42

I am not sure for the cake. I like maybe on the table or if you used separators.
Edna icon_smile.gif

Spuddysmom Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Spuddysmom Posted 1 May 2010 , 9:26pm
post #37 of 42

I'm also curious to see what you think of the product in "real life". I remember getting my child a "glo-baby" doll - the face lit up and looked so adorable until..... the room was dark and the face became a horrid skull. They had to recall and redesign them because kids were terrified of them. I bet these look great though, especially placed around the base or table.

costumeczar Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
costumeczar Posted 1 May 2010 , 11:19pm
post #38 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

I'm also curious to see what you think of the product in "real life". I remember getting my child a "glo-baby" doll - the face lit up and looked so adorable until..... the room was dark and the face became a horrid skull. They had to recall and redesign them because kids were terrified of them. .

That's hilarious! icon_twisted.gif

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 1 May 2010 , 11:55pm
post #39 of 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by costumeczar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spuddysmom

I'm also curious to see what you think of the product in "real life". I remember getting my child a "glo-baby" doll - the face lit up and looked so adorable until..... the room was dark and the face became a horrid skull. They had to recall and redesign them because kids were terrified of them. .

That's hilarious! icon_twisted.gif

LMAO !!!!!

thats too funny.

If flowers were to look very realistic I think they would look awesome as a decoration in the cake table. Of course that being the flower the bride chooses

bakermom3107 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
bakermom3107 Posted 2 May 2010 , 3:52am
post #40 of 42

The flowers look so pretty delicate. I can't wait to them on a cakeicon_smile.gif

Eisskween Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Eisskween Posted 2 May 2010 , 4:13am
post #41 of 42

It might look nice if there weren't so darn many of them on the string. 30 orchids on a cake? I guess if you had a huge cake, but for the average wedding, it seems like an awful lot. But they are pretty, just not my taste.

JenniferMI Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
JenniferMI Posted 3 May 2010 , 2:54am
post #42 of 42

Interesting....

Jen

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%