Gerber Daisies

Decorating By mickmack210 Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 7:06pm by VNatividad

mickmack210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mickmack210 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:31pm
post #1 of 6

I have to make gerber daisies out of mmf for a party this Sunday. Originally it was going to be for a 9-inch round so the one daisy would be large and not too much trouble. Now they want cupcakes. And I ain't making 24 3-inch gerber daisies by hand. I don't have any real good stores around here to get cake decorating supplies, just big box stores like JoAnn, Hobby Lobby, Michaels. Any suggestions? Or is there anybody who lives in/near Ocala, Fl that would let me borrow a daisy cutter? lol

5 replies
dalis4joe Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
dalis4joe Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 5:03pm
post #2 of 6

HI.... I'm in pilly.... sorry I can lend u my cutters... but you don't have the wilton daisy cutters? they are sold in a pack of 3 and it should be fine for cupcakes...

eccl1-12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
eccl1-12 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 5:27pm
post #3 of 6

I don't know if there is time, and I know it is cheating, but if you want to look into it, Global Sugar Art carries ready made gumpaste flowers. Here's the link: http://www.globalsugarart.com/cat.php?cid=989&s=&name=Gumpaste%20Flowers%20&%20Decorations/Misc%20Flowers

You will have to scroll down a little ways. They are a bit expensive and they are gumpaste, not MMF, but it may be worth it to you all things considered. If you google gumpaste gubera daisies, you may find some other options too.

cherrycakes Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
cherrycakes Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 5:44pm
post #4 of 6

http://cakecentral.com/modules.php?name=gallery&file=displayimage&pid=1637174

I made these daisy cupcakes not too long ago. I know they are a different concept than gumpaste daisies but they are really easy to do and just use the 127 tip.

matthewkyrankelly Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
matthewkyrankelly Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 5:47pm
post #5 of 6

I'm with cherrycakes. If you do that and put another layer of petals you'll get the gerbera effect. That's what I'd do.

VNatividad Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
VNatividad Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 7:06pm
post #6 of 6

Youtube has a bunch of videos. Search "butter cream gerber daisies". All you need is rose tip.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%