Graduation/engagment Cake - No Idea What To Do!

Decorating By teatime423 Updated 29 Apr 2010 , 9:16pm by mama2_3

teatime423 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
teatime423 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:05pm
post #1 of 6

I have a customer that what's a cake for her sister that just got engaged and is graduating soon. My mind is blank when thinking what to do! Any ideas would great be greatly appreicated icon_smile.gif

5 replies
Sucrea Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Sucrea Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:16pm
post #2 of 6

You could do tiers and have the different tiers represent different parts of her life. You could also do a cake and have the diploma partially rolled up with an engagement ring around it. HTH

Tellis12 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Tellis12 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:17pm
post #3 of 6

Oh my goodness! I don't have any suggestions but i was recently requested to make a cake for two couples who are getting married and 4 people who are graduating! Wha!? I keep trying to figure out how to combine them but I keep going blank. At this point I'm thinking of doing two. Maybe you could do something like a stack of books with an engagement ring on top?

tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:33pm
post #4 of 6

the diploma with a ring on it is very cute idea. how about a bride w/ a grad cap on it or a grad girl with a veil. maybe a book cake..1 side grad, opposite page bridal and it could read something like closing one chapter of life and opening a new one.

MamaScooby Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
MamaScooby Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:53pm
post #5 of 6

put a cap on the top of the cake thats opens like a ring box with a ring inside. The tassel can drape the cake and end up like lace of a dress.Or the diploma can be half way open draping over the side of the cake changing to lace of a dress. Hope that gives you some ideas.

mama2_3 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
mama2_3 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 9:16pm
post #6 of 6

I also like the diploma with the ring around it idea. What about the typical round cake with the bridal dress. But instead of holding a bouquet, she is holding a diploma.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%