Marshmallow Roses - How To

Baking By kirigami Updated 1 May 2010 , 10:44am by CakeGenie1

kirigami Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
kirigami Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:34pm
post #1 of 12

I have seen some awesome pictures in the gallery of roses made from cut up marshmallows on cupcakes. Different colour marshmallows dipped in matching colour sugar. I have scoured the web and PM'd picture posters for instructions but I have had no luck.
I would love to give these a try, can someone please help me out with instructions. I read that it is an old technique from the 50's or something.

Thanks

11 replies
tiggerjo Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
tiggerjo Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:51pm
post #2 of 12

what I have read on here is to cut the marshmallows on the diagonal and then dip the sticky side in sugar. hth

Lisa-G Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
Lisa-G Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 3:55pm
post #3 of 12

It's pretty easy. Cut the mini marshmallows in half diagonally, and dip the exposed sticky parts in sugar or sprinkles. Use frosting or some kind of edible glue to put them around the cupcake, and you're done. icon_smile.gif Hope that helps.

Lisa

LeckieAnne Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
LeckieAnne Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:17pm
post #4 of 12

Doesn't look like a rose to me really, but not sure if this is what you're looking for...
http://www.cupcake-creations.com/flower-cupcake-decoration.html

ayerim979 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
ayerim979 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 4:33pm
post #5 of 12

Is there anyway you can post a picture to see what you are talking about? Im very curious to see what they look like.

KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
KHalstead Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 6:27pm
post #6 of 12
KHalstead Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
floral1210 Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 6:54pm
post #8 of 12

The Betty Crocker website has cupcakes with that design...go to recipes, kids birthdays, and it is in the called flower cupcakes or marshmallow flower cupcakes. Instructions are there...HTH

chefjulie Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
chefjulie Posted 29 Apr 2010 , 7:12pm
post #9 of 12

Fancy flours had something similar on their website around Easter. I REALLY wanted to do some, but was drowning in orders!!

http://www.fancyflours.com/site/index.html

kirigami Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 1:23am
post #10 of 12

KHalstead has the one I was looking for. I guess I will just give it a try and see how they turn out. I have already bought the bag of multi coloured mini marshamallows so I just have to whip up a batch of cupcakes this week end and go for it. Inexpensive experimenting. I'll post a photo if I make anything CC worthy.

Thanks everybody, I know I can always count on CC for the help that is needed.

kirigami Posted 30 Apr 2010 , 12:08pm
post #11 of 12

I found a link to the marshmallow flowers I was looking for. Turns out there were mums and not roses.

Here it is if anyone is interested

http://www.ivillage.com/mums-word-cupcakes/3-r-139100

CakeGenie1 Cake Central Cake Decorator Profile
CakeGenie1 Posted 1 May 2010 , 10:44am
post #12 of 12

Thanks kirigami for that link, those look great.

Quote by @%username% on %date%

%body%